Roush R2300 475 HP Phase1 SC

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
I bought my TVS kit from Beefcake Racing, a forum member. Got a great deal on the base kit, sourced all of the other components and did the installation myself.

DOB kits are top notch as well.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I agree 100%. I should have stated this in my reply. This past winter, I installed a VMP heat exchanger and Davies-Craig water pump. Just this morning, I took the car for a drive. Temperature was upper 80’s and water temperature was 95 before intercooler and 99 after intercooler. IAT was 101 IIRC. Yes, I have two water temperature gauges to monitor intercooler operation. These temperatures are 25-30°F cooler than with stock heat exchanger and water pump.
I assume u mean the outside air temp was 80 F ? Is the pre and post intercooler temps (and IAT) when just cruising on the hwy? What happens if you slow it down, like 20-30 mph, then drop down into 2nd, then mash the gas, and blower on..and wind it up to 100-110 mph? 101 F IAT is superb.

Laga

Reaction score
I assume u mean the outside air temp was 80 F ? Is the pre and post intercooler temps (and IAT) when just cruising on the hwy? What happens if you slow it down, like 20-30 mph, then drop down into 2nd, then mash the gas, and blower on..and wind it up to 100-110 mph? 101 F IAT is superb.
Yes, the ambient temperature was upper 80’s. I don’t know exactly what it was at the time and on the highway at 90mph for roughly 20 miles. Driving in traffic, water temperature only goes up 2-3°. I have 2, 11” fans that run constantly. They are wired via a relay to turn on with key.
Here is a previous post that shows the install and the temps I saw in April.
https://www.s197forum.com/threads/pd-supercharger-on-higher-mileage-5-0.137575/#post-2468537

Here’s another post that answers your last question. https://www.s197forum.com/threads/new-heat-exchanger.137765/#post-2472340

DieHarder

Reaction score
What size intercooler lines are you running? The larger pump along with the other mods you've made are likely the reason your temps are so low. My air temps (VLS Intercooler gauge measuring intake & manifold after compression) typically run around 110/135 at cruise with rad water temps around 210 - 215 which I think is a bit high though it is summer but hasn't really been that hot where I live. I haven't added a temp gauge to the heat exchanger circuit yet so that's likely my next project along with a better water pump. And, it probably would benefit me to replace the rad water pump with a better one since it's still stock with a 150K miles. I am using a 170 deg thermostat in the rad circuit and I opted for a special insulator for the supercharger manifold that's supposed to help prevent heat-soak. There are no problems to speak of really; I just think my temps are about 10 deg high over what I'd like to see but there's always the fact that since we're constantly compressing air we're going to run hotter or spend significantly to upgrade and/or engineer a solution. Sounds like you've figured out something that works well for your situation. Bravo.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Wanted to ask how much was the Davies/Craig and where did you get it? Thanks.

Laga

Reaction score
33F9AD1F-F837-458B-81BF-8144F10C5D09.jpeg
Wanted to ask how much was the Davies/Craig and where did you get it? Thanks.
$190 from Jegs. You can find them on many sites. Model EWP150.

I am running standard 3/4" heater hose for the intercooler. I also have a modified DOB de-gas tank setup where only a small amount of water goes into the de-gas tank while the majority flows straight though with little restriction. It ain’t pretty, but it works.

DieHarder

Reaction score
I did the same bypass on mine. Thanks for the info and congrats on the setup.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back