Running 10s

gt08vapor

forum member
Reaction score
Cant seem to find anyinfo on this. i am looking to run 10s on the stock engine. I plan on doing an aluminator, but really want to see how far i can push my stock engine.

Current mods.
D1sc procharger
Gt 500 fuel pump
3;73
delete plates
kook headers / off road h
Spec Stage 3+ clutch
aluminum fly wheel
dyno tuned by Eric Brooks.

I know chances of putting new drain plugs in the side of my block or bound to happen. Looking for ides how to achive my goal

List of things to change
Race stars
BBR Cams
Possibly 4:10s
lots of weight reduction.
A more aggressive tune
Drag suspension.

Am i over looking anything/ Ideas

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
Race gas tune
4.10's
28" tire
good track prep and weather
and most of all "driver"

1996lasercobra

forum member
Reaction score
26 spline input shaft if you wanna stay with the stick. Aluminum driveshaft wouldn't hurt either. All solid suspension (no rubber) including drag anti-rollbar. Breather for the valve covers may take some pressure off the engine.

Last edited:

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I think you have the right idea. I have the same basic setup as you and make plenty of power to run 10's. However, I never got the suspension sorted out.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
As for the suspension the only suspension work I've done to my car is LCA's, UCA and the CHE LCA relo brackets(welded in) and that has worked well for me. I would like to put some adjustable front shocks so the front end doesn't drop between shifts since I'm not a very fast shifter.

The race gas tune made a big difference for me and helped the car keep pulling hard. Watch your IAT's to make sure the car isn't pulling timing and if it is you should work on keeping them down.

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
10's

man you should be able to run damn near 10's right now . ive got less mods than you on the stock clutch with 9psi stock block. and i think my car has a high 10 in it the way it sits in my garage. after i put a cage in it lol that sucked getting kicked off the track.

i dont know about the 410's my car is useless in first second and sometimes third! weight reduction always helps

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
Stock longblock/clutch/tranny/driveshaft
4.10's and 28" mt
Bmr lca and relocation brackets/frpp shocks struts and springs and no sway bar
Novi 2200 with full exhaust
Weighed 3690 with me in it
1.54 60ft. [email protected] in good weather and track prep

gt08vapor

forum member
Reaction score
Wow thats impresive. What kinda boost where you hitting. Also will the race gas make that much more of diffrence For power or keeping the engine togethor.

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
Max was 12psi. Its a yes and no as far as the race gas. Race gas will let you run the timing and will help pre ignition alot. If it detonates at 500+hp its a good chance its gonna snap a rod so the race gas will help. Then again the race gas will help you make the power but the stock rotating assembly can only handle so much.

gt08vapor

forum member
Reaction score
My car made 494 on a dynojet. When we have eric brook come back up this spring i am gonna have him take it to 525, 530 range.

07 s197. How high were you reving the to.

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
That should be enough to do it. Just need to have good weather and track prep. Was shifting mine at 6800

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back