S197 Underhood Light Kit Group buy

Vapor08gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would see if there was any interest in a group buy. Anyone that is interested post up, If we can get 10 or more people together I should be able to do some good pricing. Let me know!!!

:beerchug2:

picture.php

Last edited:

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So far it seems pretty sick. Could you get a couple more angles posted up?

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Go ahead and count me in for the group buy. Hopefully we can get 9 more for a solid deal on these things!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am not completely "disinterested"... I just can't figure out how to hide the wiring without having a hood liner.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am not completely "disinterested"... I just can't figure out how to hide the wiring without having a hood liner.

Shit, you do have a point. I still have my stock hood, but not for much longer. I intend on doing a Steeda/Kaenen Cowl hood some time this summer. I'd like to know how this could possibly work out without a hood liner as well...

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i would possibly be interested in the up the sides one you posted in the original thread

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
On a stock hood you can route the wires through the hood itself. Process would take some "fishing" but it can be done easily enough. Aftermarket hoods would be a case by case basis.

Vapor08gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I plan on "fishing" mine tomorrow when I rewire the kit. I am finally going to clean it up to "show" status instead of prototype. The 6 light kit will cost a little more Irish, however I can do one of those also. Sorry I missed your reply.

Vapor08gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Alright for those who have been asking it is possible to run the wiring through the hood without seeing it. Here are a few pics:

Hood with no wires:
picture.php

New LEDs put in the center location with the wires fished through the hood:
picture.php

Wire fishing using guide lines :
This is where I took my time and measured to drill the holes. I then proceeded to use the factory holes to make it easier to pull the guide wires through the hood. By going hole to hole it was a very short span that I needed to worry about and gave me finer control of where the wire moved. Basically you play connect the dots pulling the wire all the way out and starting over again going hole to hole until you get to your hole that you drilled.

picture.php

And finally a picture with 3 new pods in the center mounting locations of the hood. Just by changing over to the new pods on these 3 the light output is just about doubled over what it was. There is a broke jeep in the garage right now but this pic was taken with the street lights on outside and it was still like daylight under the hood.

picture.php

MAK

Reaction score
excellent idea to who ever came up with that!.. Who sells these?

MAK
-David

Vapor08gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Alright guys and gals, the Group buy is going to end on Friday June 6th. If anyone still wants in post up before then and I will add you to the list. For everyone that is already here I will shoot you all pricing info on Friday.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back