S197 Values - current asking prices vs mileage

Greg D

Reaction score
There's a definite bubble here and current political climate might pop it within a year or two. I mirror EIGHTY6GT's comments, except that may wife and I started over (financially) when I was 42 years old. That wouldn't have happened if I hadn't invested every cent I owned in IRAs, home sale, car sale and boat sale to buy a house in California (read: DEBT)! Now, 25 years later, we live life a lot fuller and have much more (materially) because we became debt-free. It really IS liberating. Paying interest is not your friend!

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Plenty. You got no idea what's involved in swapping out batteries in those cars.

well, I probably do

when the battery ages out, the car gets recycled. Early teslas are seeing 400k miles. I think the phasers in my car would kick the bucket a few times before then. Also somewhat expensive to deal with when the rest of the engine is also shot.

if you're buying one of these cars that is so old that the battery has issues, you'll probably find a different battery at the yard, or find a 3rd party shop to replace it that is not difficult at all. Hell of a lot easier than filing piston rings.

Best of all I own $25 worth of bitcoin (probably 26 by this morning,) and can use it to buy a new model S!

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
There's a definite bubble here and current political climate might pop it within a year or two. I mirror EIGHTY6GT's comments, except that may wife and I started over (financially) when I was 42 years old. That wouldn't have happened if I hadn't invested every cent I owned in IRAs, home sale, car sale and boat sale to buy a house in California (read: DEBT)! Now, 25 years later, we live life a lot fuller and have much more (materially) because we became debt-free. It really IS liberating. Paying interest is not your friend!

https://www.point2homes.com/CA/Home-For-Sale/SK/Saskatoon/City-Park/622-8th-AVENUE-N/100454988.html

I'll be 45! Heh. The house above is not in california but has what I'm looking for. I never in my life thought I'd have to pay that, but luckily it seems like I will be able to, foregoing any future GT350's and hopeing that S197 prices stay low ;)

Prices in homes that were crowding the 400 mark have dropped 50,000 in the last few months, hopefully that continues. I think this house was much more expensive and it's sitting on the market for months. We are in a major, major bubble here also.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back