Saleen Shaker

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man...those pics definitely shed some light on some stuff. I wonder what kind of dent to wallet ratio there will be.

The question about water/drainage was brought up on several forums...I didn't see a solution to that in the pics, but maybe there is a drain system at the bottom of that air box or something?

I hope these work as good as they look...cause I'll definitely buy one if they do.

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to compare this with the new JDM plenum for the saleen blowers. I remember seeing the little video of the shaker on Carlos' car, and it seemed like you could really hear the blower a lot louder. I personally don't like the looks of the shaker hood, especially with a saleen heat extractor hood, but I'm interested none the less.

MartyMoose

Reaction score
Sorry but aspparently I've been under a rock. What's JDM's new plenum??

Ths.

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think Jim Jr. said you will get more power from the new JDM plenum. then the Saleen shaker.

no offense...but how in the heck would he know that? And what else would he say...Ours sucks use there's..hahaha

Both Saleen and JDM have had their prototypes out WAY long enough to come up with some real dyno tested numbers on some common applications and should start posting there results. With as much interest as there is in both the products...you would think that at least one of them would be aggressively promoting their product ahead of time....

For god's sake...they have been promoing that stupid Female Marshall show for like 3 months already and it comes out in June...

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Probably the same video, just embeded...

oh yeah, thats right... I used the tags!

Seems like the blower is alot louder than mine. Is that a function of the shaker or does this car have something different, like a different motor?

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Seems like the blower is alot louder than mine. Is that a function of the shaker or does this car have something different, like a different motor?

Probably the same motor...that charger just makes it sound louder. The kit on the car at the Saleen factory was loud like that also.

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea how much a blower weighs on average?

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I am window shopping and dreaming (and planning)... what's the latest here? Last I heard it was April for these right?

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hmm.. maybe they will delay long enough for me to get one when they come out... sucks for everyone else though...

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
Thought Id revive this as Ive been digging around for more info and not getting anywhere. Anyone else know anything new on this??

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back