saleen users! boost act. question

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
I dont know if this is techy enough to be here, but the little bolt on the back side of the s/c under the boost actuator, I though I read on here a while ago that it controls how quickly the boost comes in.

If that is correct, does the boost come in quicker when the bolt is further out or more in?

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I dont know if this is techy enough to be here, but the little bolt on the back side of the s/c under the boost actuator, I though I read on here a while ago that it controls how quickly the boost comes in.

If that is correct, does the boost come in quicker when the bolt is further out or more in?

mine is turned almost all the way in ( may be in as far as it will go?) and Im not 100% sure but that makes boost come in quicker. right? :)

Boozshey

Reaction score
How quickly the boost comes in???

Just turn it in all the way, then tighten the nut all the way and be done with it.

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
ill have to go look under my hood, but my car makes 15psi and its friggen instant!! it makes 460 of the 498 ftlbs from 2300-2600 on the dyno......

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It doesn't control how quickly it comes in, its just simply a stop for the arm on the bottom of the actuator. When you begin to build boost the arm lifts off the screw and up away from it. Then when you lift off the throttle and go from boost into vacuum the arm swings down and hits the stop screw. The screw is there simply to prevent the arm from swinging down to far and getting the plunger inside the boost actuator diaphragm stuck.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back