SC Drain Idea

2014_GT

Bowtie Bitch-Slapper
Reaction score
Firstly, this is tech because I need to know if this would work. I have an idea of modifying the oil pan dipstick tube to accept an AN fitting for my Vortech oil return line. Right now, I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work. Any thoughts, concerns or suggestions? Anyone tried this already?

EDIT: The reason why I'm considering this is that I don't like the idea of tapping the oil pan when it's on the engine. I know what Vortech suggests but I still don't like the idea of shavings from the 3/8" NPT tap. Ideally, dropping the oil pan would be best but it's a bitch in our cars and modifying the dipstick tube seems a lot easier.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pleas tell me this is a joke.

Tapping the pan is easy with the right tools and following the procedure gets zero shavings in the pan or you can drop the pan. The oil drain is gravity so unless you modify the line to run perfect with no kinks and flow right to the bottom its gonna restrict or drain.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Gonna be hard to actually let it drain and agreed kinda ghetto. A aggie talking shit about a guy from Austin... Classic

Hahaha, exactly. We have all seen the extent of an Aggie engineering skills...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back