Secondary Timing chain tensioners

Gray5OH

Reaction score
Hey, I ran into an issue during assembling my car today, and since I’m not too familiar with these I figured I’d ask and see if anyone has any experience.

so I’m replacing the timing chain kit and OPG in my 2013. The Ford performance cam drive kit I bought came with the secondary tensioners, but they are about 1/2” too short than the ones I have now. And when they are installed it just doesn’t seem right as the position of the o ring on the bottom of the tensioner where it slips into the head. Someone mentioned it was a revision or something and that it should work, but I’m still awaiting a reply from Ford. Anyone else came across this before? Once I figure out how to get a picture posted I’ll post a comparison lol

B4C1BE3C-3EAF-4326-8147-8A03E32EEEC5.jpeg

Gray5OH

Reaction score
Figured I would at least post the resolution, the new shorter tensioners are apparently fine. Tech support at FordPerformance said they have been down this road many times, and said it will work without issue. I popped them in and so far about 500 miles and they are staying in place just fine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back