Service Manual Guides

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Thanks Hawgman! I missed that one about the individual vent/ "registers" completely.

Is the removal of the center and far right dash components done in the same manner as the "Instrument Cluster Finish Panel"?

i.e. Grab & Pull?

I'm pretty sure I didn't see mention of those parts specifically, but I didn't get much to eat today, nor sleep last night so I apologize if this seems redundant.

Is there a specific side (top, bottom, left, right) that one needs to grab first?

Thanks again! Nate.
I disassembled my entire dash last year to install gauges in the center vent panel. If I recall correctly, the side panels overlapped the center, which meant it all had to come out. I didn't have the PDF files for it (except the console ones), so I just had to figure it out as I went. And one important note, I had to remove the passenger airbag, which is a bit tricky. The PDF for that is attached.

DSC06922.JPG

Attachments

• pass airbag.pdf
    107.7 KB · Views: 150

Northern Pony

NEIGHTS 2008 GT
Reaction score
Thanks Don!

Thanks Don!

I think in the end I'm just going to have the dealer do it. That way if it gets done improperly, I can make them redo it until it's done correctly.

Thanks again, Nate.

G.T

Reaction score
dunno where that illustration came from.
anyway here's the Jacking and Lifting sections from the 07-08 workshop manual

Attachments

• Jacking.pdf
    138.1 KB · Views: 638
  • Lifting.pdf
    166.6 KB · Views: 495

G.T

Reaction score
there's no mention of that anywhere in the service manuals..
i personally think it's a placebo.. the only calibration i know off after clearing the Keep Alive Memory (unplugging the battery for a few minutes) is to start the car up with no accessories and let it idle for a minute, then turn the AC on, let it idle for a minute, then drive (not sure about the distance) to finish the idle trim calibration.

last i remembered accellerator pedal calibration involved sacrificing a chicken

F

Francis

Anyone have the PDF on how to recalibrate your accelerator pedal.

There's a thread in another forum talking about how to get rid of the slack space in the drive by wire throttle.

I'm not sure we're allowed to post links to other forums, but if you google for the thread title, "DIY THROTTLE RESPONSE MOD (MUST SEE!)", I'm sure you'll find it.

don_w

Reaction score

Silverback

Reaction score
Is there one place where I can get all of these .pdfs?

Love the site and appreciate the help!

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is there one place where I can get all of these .pdfs?

Love the site and appreciate the help!
These are all coming from the service manual DVD which you can get on ebay...

There are a lot of them - its hard to post that many anywhere and even harder to wade through them all...

Buy the DVD its not that expensive - otherwise, I am sure we can find what you need...

G.T

Reaction score
Cabin air filter

(i was PM'd for this)

there's no section in the service manual for replacing the cabin air filter, however it refers to [501-02] - Cowl vent removal.. so here goes.

the main idea is that you need to remove the passenger side cowl vent by removing the two pin type retainers, and unclipping it from the driver side vent, then pulling it from under the hood hinge.

you will now have access to the cabin air filter behind the firewall.

Attachments

• Cowl%20Vent%20Screen.pdf
    196.5 KB · Views: 246

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
(i was PM'd for this)

there's no section in the service manual for replacing the cabin air filter, however it refers to [501-02] - Cowl vent removal.. so here goes.

the main idea is that you need to remove the passenger side cowl vent by removing the two pin type retainers, and unclipping it from the driver side vent, then pulling it from under the hood hinge.

you will now have access to the cabin air filter behind the firewall.

There's a DIY over here

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595

Silverback

Reaction score
Just my my DVD set from eBay. 2004 - 2008 (3 discs). LOVE them! Very informative.

Thanks for the tip.

These are all coming from the service manual DVD which you can get on ebay...

There are a lot of them - its hard to post that many anywhere and even harder to wade through them all...

Buy the DVD its not that expensive - otherwise, I am sure we can find what you need...

F

Francis

Just my my DVD set from eBay. 2004 - 2008 (3 discs). LOVE them! Very informative.

Thanks for the tip.

Just got my DVD from eBay. The information is good, the software is lousy.

I paid $16.45 shipped for a "Ford Mustang 07 2007 OEM Service Repair Manual DVD".

The good: All 07 Fords are covered (eg. Focus, Crown Vic) with TSB's, Workshop manuals, and wiring diagrams. (Funny enough, according to the wiring diagram, TPMS is also monitoring the spare tire - anyone know if this is true or not?)

The bad: The DVD requires you install their software to access the information. It requires you to do really dodgy things like setting your computer's clock to the year 2000, etc, and it's really fussy about where you install it.

I was actually just hoping for a DVD full of big PDF files.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was actually just hoping for a DVD full of big PDF files.
That would be too easy... Where's the fun?

IMO, Ford should ship this with the car and a nice disclaimer about violating your warranty... At least this way, those that tinker have the info to minimize the damage which they may or may not end up covering under warranty...

You get used to its quirks after a while...

G.T

Reaction score
i got a little something for you guys.. just gimme till the end of the day ;)

full browseable service manual!
took me months to put it together.. adding the final touches as we speak

don_w

Reaction score
i got a little something for you guys.. just gimme till the end of the day ;)

full browseable service manual!
took me months to put it together.. adding the final touches as we speak
Kewl!! Does it cover all S197 model years?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back