Show me some locations where you've mounted switches!

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those are some good ideas; I'm going to get under there this weekend and see what would be easiest, most useful, and not in the way.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Here are my switch set ups. The first one is for running the cooling fan and water pump at the track so I can cool the motor down between runs. Hot lapping without heat soak is pretty nice as crowded as my track gets . I can get a few runs in early before staging lanes get too full. The second set I use to power up my line lock. The second switch was supposed to be to activate my launch control but never went there.

These are both really easy spots to wire up switches, you don't have to pull a bunch of shit apart to access these spots.

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That panel below the steering wheel is definitely removable, but there's metal directly behind it that would have to be cut.

The dash is different on the '10-14; I don't think the area above the headlight switch is as easy to get to.

I really like the switches in the map light panel; how hard is that to remove?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Just like the title says. I want to mount 2 or 3 switches for some electrical stuff; where are some good locations on the '10-14 models that look good, aren't in the way, and don't require disassembling the entire cabin?
Seems like there'd be enough room on the console, either somewhere on the side or on the top to the passenger side of the shift lever. It's not like you need room for very bulky switches.

Norm

Flusher

Reaction score
Don't know if this would be viable for you, but I have been thinking about this a lot lately.

I keep looking at the factory stereo head unit and I have absolutely zero use for it. I'm sure you are more well versed in car audio than I, but I bet that there are several ways to interface a cellphone with the factory audio system wiring harness in a lightweight compact device similar to this bluetooth receiver.

https://www.classiccarstereos.com/j...qu6htJxLWWvzj9x6p1NQSW8XldcvBNohoC4gwQAvD_BwE

Then the area formerly occupied by the head unit can be used to mount gauges and switches.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Actually, I've got an aftermarket radio already, installed with this kit:

maestro_mus1_kit.png

So I might end up using some of that cubbyhole to mount the switches in. I just like to put my phone's in there while I drive.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back