Silverpoison ReLOAded!

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Everything is intact in front of the stryt towers. Maybe a single 91, dnt know if I am stayin 3v yet!

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
So what was the motor setup you were running when it blew? 30 psi... That thing must be a beast!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
SBF with a large single, really fast then, like your 8.50 cage not good enough fast! Lot of time and money though, Greg knows.

Or just go very easy on it, and run 850s forever. That way you dont have to screw with a new cage also--and it would be reliable and run a few seasons.

SonicGT

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
Ed I wouldn't do a 91, it will never spool unless your running over 400ci.

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Everything is intact in front of the stryt towers. Maybe a single 91, dnt know if I am stayin 3v yet!

If you go different platform lets talk - before you sell anything I would be interested in a few items like the intake and boost controller ... I have no intake as of right now waiting on JPC

Edit: casting company not JPC

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ed - Ken told me about your accident and I was following you on FB. So glad you were okay - I know how scary it can be :chairfall:

Best of luck to you but I personally believe rebuilding a 3V is a mistake. Once you've achieved a certain 'ET' - then it is very difficult to 'go backwards' so you will always want to be going the same or faster. problem is at the place you want to be and faster, you are always going to be pushing the small modular motor to it's breaking point no matter how you upgrade it. That many cubes pushing that much HP is always on the 'stress' side. You can always accommodate for it but it's always going to be there.

The answer - build a car to run much faster than you want to and then back it down to run what you want without breaking a sweat. To do that - you need cubes my friend. In the end, A big block monster on a back halved car will save you light years of headaches in the future. You can't beat cubes, buddy, you can work around them to compete and get the number, but substituting will never be as optimal as bigger ci.

Just my :2cents:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
SBF with a large single, really fast then, like your 8.50 cage not good enough fast! Lot of time and money though, Greg knows.

Or just go very easy on it, and run 850s forever. That way you dont have to screw with a new cage also--and it would be reliable and run a few seasons.

If wanting to stay with a SBF - then I agree 100% - still think a BB is a much better alternative for him for what he wants.

SonicGT

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
Just put some billet rods in the next motor and it will be fine. Mark after you sold your car did it ever go any faster?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back