Sky Render's Build Thread

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Why did you choose the softest setting on the BMR 5 way adjustable front sway bar..... or do I have it ass backwards ?

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
i-s2Gkd9K.jpg

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How's everyone's apocalypse going? I thought the apocalypse would consist of more Norse gods battling, busty Valkyries flying around, and a soundtrack by the composer Wagner, but instead we've got COVID-19, mandatory social distancing, and Lady Gaga. :shrug:

I've been planning for a while now to put a new sound system in the Mustang, because my Sync keeps dying about every 400 miles. But, thanks to said Coronapocalypse, the car audio shops are all shut down.

To kill time, I've started doing some dress up stuff to the engine bay. If you've seen my car in person, I've got a bit of an understated evil theme going on; everything on my car is gray, black, or carbon fiber. You'll recall that a while ago, I partnered with BMR Suspension. Since they were nice enough to send me parts to review, I didn't mind advertising for them with a VERY VERY RED STRUT TOWER BRACE. That was a few years ago, so I've decided to repaint the thing a different color that goes with my theme a bit better. This morning I removed that brace and some other things from the engine bay to paint over the next week or so. Stay tuned!

Also, fingers crossed this damn virus goes back to China where it belongs and I can get my new stereo installed.

IMG_20200318_resized.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
What's that radium thing?

The brace definitely looks better color-matched!

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Well I guess you should've sent me the 18x11s when I ordered my wheels from you, huh?

A 285mm on a 10" wide rim is ample for the fronts..on a DD street car. If you are extreme hardcore, sure, use 11" wide rims. I use a 285 front /305 rear combo. For my DD street use, it's ample. Can't rotate though... no big deal. I did have to use a small 3mm spacer on the fronts.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Agreed ^^^

And the lighter engine cover color does brighten things up nicely as well.

Rattle can painting does not always deserve its popular image.

Norm

It's all about the surface prep. I sanded, degreased, and washed those parts with dish soap multiple times.

Then you have to use a lot of very light coats of spray paint to get it to adhere without running.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picked this up. Yes, my Mustang is an auto. Yes, I know how to drive a stick. I also have 8 fucked up discs in my spine and lose feeling below my right elbow and/or left knee from time to time. It's like God telling me not to drive stick anymore.

Anyway, I basically only use gears 1-3 in an autocross, right? And right now, I have to very gingerly flick the gear selector so as not to overshoot. With this, I can whale on the thing. It also looks cool!

I'm hoping to install it this week.

IMG_20200808_151354.jpg

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, I should've installed one of these 9 years ago. First of all, just look at it. It looks like a piece of art. And it's serious looking. Like peer into this interior at Cars & Coffee and be like "WHAT IS THIS GUY RUNNING?!" Well, a stock 6R80, but...

But functionality? Holy shift, Batman! You can smack this shifter like Chris did Rihanna and you won't miss a gear.

A+ would hoon.

IMG_20200810_115846.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back