Sky Render's Build Thread

Discussion in 'Corner Carver Racing Tech Discussion' started by Sky Render, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Sky Render

Sky Render Stig's Retarded Cousin S197 Team Member

No, I'm still at 10". But they weren't anywhere near the wheels.

2. Norm Peterson

Norm Peterson corner barstool sitter

Couldn't resist a bit of teasing over those narrow 10's :rofl::p

Norm

3. Pentalab

Pentalab forum member

Why did you choose the softest setting on the BMR 5 way adjustable front sway bar..... or do I have it ass backwards ?

4. Sky Render

I really like how it handles with that setting. The car is completely neutral as it sits.

5. Vorshlag-Fair

Vorshlag-Fair Official Site Vendor Official Vendor

[​IMG]

bujeezus likes this.
  6. Sky Render

Well I guess you should've sent me the 18x11s when I ordered my wheels from you, huh?

Gab and Gabe like this.
  7. Sky Render

Just a heads up: if it's a nice Saturday morning and I'm not at an autocross, I'm probably at the local Cars & Coffee at Hunt Valley:

https://www.horsepowering.com/

Maybe I'll see some of you there!

Gabe likes this.
  8. Sky Render

Making my S197 dance!

AndrewNagle and travelers like this.
  9. Sky Render

How's everyone's apocalypse going? I thought the apocalypse would consist of more Norse gods battling, busty Valkyries flying around, and a soundtrack by the composer Wagner, but instead we've got COVID-19, mandatory social distancing, and Lady Gaga. :shrug:

I've been planning for a while now to put a new sound system in the Mustang, because my Sync keeps dying about every 400 miles. But, thanks to said Coronapocalypse, the car audio shops are all shut down.

To kill time, I've started doing some dress up stuff to the engine bay. If you've seen my car in person, I've got a bit of an understated evil theme going on; everything on my car is gray, black, or carbon fiber. You'll recall that a while ago, I partnered with BMR Suspension. Since they were nice enough to send me parts to review, I didn't mind advertising for them with a VERY VERY RED STRUT TOWER BRACE. That was a few years ago, so I've decided to repaint the thing a different color that goes with my theme a bit better. This morning I removed that brace and some other things from the engine bay to paint over the next week or so. Stay tuned!

Also, fingers crossed this damn virus goes back to China where it belongs and I can get my new stereo installed.

IMG_20200318_resized.jpg

frank s likes this.
  10. Sky Render

I think this looks a lot better. I'm surprised how well it turned out considering I just used a couple rattle cans of primer, automotive paint, and engine paint.

Engine After Small.jpg

RavenGT and EBABlacknChrome like this.
  11. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

What's that radium thing?

The brace definitely looks better color-matched!

12. Norm Peterson

Norm Peterson corner barstool sitter

Agreed ^^^

And the lighter engine cover color does brighten things up nicely as well.

Rattle can painting does not always deserve its popular image.

Norm

13. AndrewNagle

AndrewNagle forum member

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  14. Pentalab

Pentalab forum member

A 285mm on a 10" wide rim is ample for the fronts..on a DD street car. If you are extreme hardcore, sure, use 11" wide rims. I use a 285 front /305 rear combo. For my DD street use, it's ample. Can't rotate though... no big deal. I did have to use a small 3mm spacer on the fronts.

15. Sky Render

Gabe likes this.
  16. Sky Render

It's all about the surface prep. I sanded, degreased, and washed those parts with dish soap multiple times.

Then you have to use a lot of very light coats of spray paint to get it to adhere without running.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.