Slammed on 19's, post your pics.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Well... I got them done about an hour ago, so not the greatest pics. I will take more when the car and wheels are cleaned up a little more... and in the daylight. I had a real dillema about which wheels to get to stay true to a Bullitt theme, and that theme requires a lip IMO. 20's were too big, 18's nice, but too small. So I found these:

Front 19 x 9.5 w/+42 - 255/40/19 Conti DW
Rear 19 x 10.5 w/+45 - 285/35/19 Conti DW

Sitting on FRPP spings with Koni adjustables No spacers, no rub. I wanted to go with a bigger tire, but I was chicken because of the offset... and no one has run these before. They normally sell them in an 8.5 / 9.5 combo, but I went for the 9.5 in the front and it cleared (Thanks to the tire fitment thread sticky!!!!!)

Anyway, look for my thread start in a few days with more info and better pics.

BIG KUDOS to Element Wheels!!!! I cannot say enough about those guys and their service. Really, I never say that. Great experience...even when we ran into a problem with damage from UPS.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Hit and Run, and Morris! I am liking the look a lot. They have a good sized lip on them, can fit a wide variety of tire sizes (if available) and have a somewhat stock look to them, but not. I really wanted something not over the top... something that could almost look stock, but still look different enough to make a difference. These seem to fit the bill nicely. I am excited to get them cleaned up with better pictures.

And I gotta say, love the ride and noise level of the Conti's. Really nice tires. Traction has yet to be seem, but they make the car more sharp for sure. Hard to believe, but I think they even ride better than the stock wheels and tires do.

3.73-11

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great trc51 :highfive:
Getting some smoked taillights&front turn signals would really complement your car imo:naughty1:

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Let me know later what you think of the tire traction wise if you don't mind. I'm probably going to run that 285/35/19 dw front and rear, if it hooks up for you. If not I will go to something stickier. I wanted to do the 295/35 but only bfg makes that size and the reviews are not the best. Oh, I agree about the smoked lenses, overlays is what I would do as it cheap but still looks good.

Last edited:

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great trc51 :highfive:
Getting some smoked taillights&front turn signals would really complement your car imo:naughty1:

Totally agree. Pretty much on the agenda. Looking to put a CS Front bumper on the car within the next year or so. I have a hood plan as well, but not sure about that change. Regardless, the lights will be smoked at some point. Not sure about the splitters on the headlights. They may go, but at a minimum I am going to fix them. LOL

Let me know later what you think of the tire traction wise if you don't mind. I'm probably going to run that 285/35/19 dw front and rear, if it hooks up for you. If not I will go to something stickier. I wanted to do the 295/35 but only bfg makes that size and the reviews are not the best. Oh, I agree about the smoked lenses, overlays is what I would do as it cheap but still looks good.

Totally agree. As I mentioned, I went nuts with the tire selection. I wanted a 295 really bad, but came to the same conclusion as you with the BFG. A friend of mine ran these on his M3 and they were insanely good for corner capability (street wise anyway). I am hoping when things warm up a little bit around here I can get a better idea of the traction.

TRC51 hows the price on those reasonable?

Not too bad IMO. I paid $1200 shipped (just wheels) for the set from Elementwheels.com. By no means are they cheap, but they are in the "standard" price range for most wheels. I will say the quality seems pretty good. It may sound weird, but I kind of judge a wheel by the center cap... and these fit really nice and snug. It's a nice wheel.

BTW, to those who may not notice... The wheel is actually Matte black (they call it double matte black) and the lip is a true chrome lip. I almost bought a set of chrome wheels and painted the centers black for this effect, but it turns out not to be a good idea. I was really excited about the concept being applied here because, again, it something I have not seen others do. The cool part is that I am HUGE fan of the black chrome FR500's, but never wanted to worry about finish. If I can get some better pictures, these wheels almost look black chrome because the center reflects on the lip.

I am totally a newb when it comes to wheel stuff, so I have to say thanks again to Petie Wonders Sticky thread.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
02fe6efd.jpg

888a13e7.jpg

03fedfc6.jpg

ef48ffdc.jpg

7efdd316.jpg

cecd6fe7.jpg

19 inch rtrs

rear is 285/35/19
front is 275/35/19

koni hp shocks and struts,
ford racing k springs
as well as a bunch of other suspension stuff.

Reaction score
Yea, GO looks good. I wish the 2010+ cars came in that color. If they did, I would for sure have one.

EVS6351

Reaction score
Didn't know this thread existed until today... I'll play!

Forgestar
Front: 19 x 9
Rear: 19 x 11

forgestar1-1.jpg

forgestar2-1.jpg

293d82c7.jpg

forgestar3-1.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back