Slammed on 19's, post your pics.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
yeah the steeda ultra-lites sitll leave it looking like a 4x4, its even worse in the rear. Im going to look into those fortune auto coil-overs

why not bc racing or megan racing. i have megan racing coils and i absolutely love them

trakhoar

forum member
Reaction score
the fortune autos are only $100 more..but you get custom rates, larger pistons, rebuildable, revalvable, and made in the USA. I've had the BCs on my old car and no complaints, but you have to replace the entire shock if one goes bad.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
the fortune autos are only $100 more..but you get custom rates, larger pistons, rebuildable, revalvable, and made in the USA. I've had the BCs on my old car and no complaints, but you have to replace the entire shock if one goes bad.

ah i see. i know of shock replacements on coilovers but never revalving

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Teaser pic..I need coil-overs so i can fully slam it. Hint..these are not SVEs. The camera doesnt really pick up how concaved they are but still clears the brembos!

06f31239.jpg

More pics of your set up please!

trakhoar

forum member
Reaction score

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
^ Now that looks awesome! What are the tires you have on there? I too am going to be going with a 19x10 +38 but it's something no one has done yet. If it doesn't work out for some reason I'm going to have to copy you!

I had planned to go with a 295/30/19 either the hankook or the khumo. I can't zoom in enough to tell what you have on there. Looks to me like a 275 or 285, tires look a bit stretched? I think I can go a bit wider with out issue, what do you think? Just not too sure if I want to go with the smaller diameter tire as the 295/30 is only 26" tall.

I think my lower control arm brackets were from bmr, I know my pan hard bar was for sure. What coil overs are you thinking of going with? A two inch drop and that thing is going to look sick! Oh, one last think, did the center cap not fit on the front?

Nice job and thanks for the pics!

Last edited:

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, now you got me thinking. I could get these cheaper with less hassle. I had thought the hub bore would be an issue when I first looked at the wheel as it has a hub bore of 70 and the car is a 70.1? I guess they mounted up just fine though and the .1 was not an issue? No hub rings required then as this must have been a tight fit? Did you have any issue with the tps sensors? I had linea corsa's on my last car that I got from Zoeb back in 08.

Last edited:

trakhoar

forum member
Reaction score
Those are the stock 255/40 brembo tires, so yeah they are a tad stretched. Planing on 285/35s all around once I burn through the stockers. I wont have any issues with tire clearance, at least not at the current ride height, might have issues in the rear if I really slam it but I think it will be ok

No issues with the hub-bore since they come as 73mm, Im not running any rings, they seem to center up fine with acorn lugs. As for the center caps, yeah strange issue..it fit on 3 of the 4 wheels, but that one it wouldnt fit, so I gotta grind down the inside of the cap with a dremel when I have some time.

The TPMS sensors swapped over fine. I bought new stems just in case, but they were able to save the stock stems and reattached the sensors with 0 issues. Also they have more brembo clearance than the stock rims.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
^ Now that looks awesome! What are the tires you have on there? I too am going to be going with a 19x10 +38 but it's something no one has done yet. If it doesn't work out for some reason I'm going to have to copy you!

I had planned to go with a 295/30/19 either the hankook or the khumo. I can't zoom in enough to tell what you have on there. Looks to me like a 275 or 285, tires look a bit stretched? I think I can go a bit wider with out issue, what do you think? Just not too sure if I want to go with the smaller diameter tire as the 295/30 is only 26" tall.

I think my lower control arm brackets were from bmr, I know my pan hard bar was for sure. What coil overs are you thinking of going with? A two inch drop and that thing is going to look sick! Oh, one last think, did the center cap not fit on the front?

Nice job and thanks for the pics!

Go to the wheel and tire forum and check out the wheel fitment sitcky. Really helpful calculators and knowledge in there. I have been using the following link from that sticky like a mad man...

http://www.lowered.eu/misc/files/Tyr...or_English.xls

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
How long have you had them? I've heard many mixed reviews on them.

its been 10k miles at least and almost a year now. after I figured out the rear preload there is no way anything can go wrong. Ive driven on some shitty roads around charlotte and even hit a couple of wtf potholes but all is well. i have gotten lucky on that. but suspension wise i love these things, im sure the bc racing are just as good.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score

trakhoar

forum member
Reaction score
lol im workin on it. Need to add the boss front end+splitter and a faux CF GT500 rear wing too

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Those are the stock 255/40 brembo tires, so yeah they are a tad stretched. Planing on 285/35s all around once I burn through the stockers. I wont have any issues with tire clearance, at least not at the current ride height, might have issues in the rear if I really slam it but I think it will be ok

No issues with the hub-bore since they come as 73mm, Im not running any rings, they seem to center up fine with acorn lugs. As for the center caps, yeah strange issue..it fit on 3 of the 4 wheels, but that one it wouldnt fit, so I gotta grind down the inside of the cap with a dremel when I have some time.

The TPMS sensors swapped over fine. I bought new stems just in case, but they were able to save the stock stems and reattached the sensors with 0 issues. Also they have more brembo clearance than the stock rims.

Cool, all good news. Thank you again for the info. I didn't see that you could get them in a 73mm hub as well. I'm thinking of maybe getting these and having them powder coated the color on these wheels.

http://www.velocitymotoring.com/vmr/2011/12/27/vmr-wheels-feature-sunken-treasure-powder-coat/

This would go on a white car. I think the black would also look good I was just wanting to do something different.

I was going to do the steeda ultra light springs but now I'm not sure if that will be enough of a drop.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Go to the wheel and tire forum and check out the wheel fitment sitcky. Really helpful calculators and knowledge in there. I have been using the following link from that sticky like a mad man...

http://www.lowered.eu/misc/files/Tyr...or_English.xls

Thanks, I'll check it out. I think I have made up my mind now, for the most part. I still think about that 335/18 set up though.

One thing I'm not sure about though is if I should go to the 26" OD tire? Might help in the 1/4 mile. With the 3.73 I had to shift right before the end of the track. This would force the shift sooner. It could help IF I can hook up.

trakhoar

forum member
Reaction score
Nice. How much do they weigh? You can also double check with wheeldude, I know they come in silver as well, not sure what other colors.

As for the ultra-lites..yeah I was hoping they would settle some more but it looks like I need another .5-.75" all around

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
If weight is the main issue vorshlags are only #19 for the same size, bit don't look nearly as good imo. I think they are a 43mm offset and you would have to wait for them.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back