Slammed on 19's, post your pics.

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by jewc75, Jan 24, 2012.

1. FalconGTHO

FalconGTHO The Reporter S197 Team Member

Whats the specs and what do they look like?

2. Digital_Synapse

Digital_Synapse forum member

Day one
    [​IMG]

couple changes
    [​IMG]

couple more
    [​IMG]

for S&G's, now ;) 20's though
    [​IMG]

3. turka

turka Junior Member

Exactly the reason why I went with Fortune Auto. I live about 3 hours away and was involved in the development of these and I can say they ride just slightly stiffer than stock, even at my slammed ride height.
    Correct.

If anyone here is interested, their website is: http://www.fortune-auto.net/

I don't think they have Mustangs under "Applications" yet but you can see the various features of each "Tier" of Coilover they sell.

Call them up and tell em Ali with the Blue 5.0 sent you, they developed these on my car. Much better design than BC's IMO. They hand assemble and shock dyno every single coilover they sell, and offer custom spring rates, complete rebuilds, etc all in the USA.

They are actually planning on becoming a vendor on here soon but they will probably be under the "Muller Suspension" product name then.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  4. JV doose

JV doose forum member

thats dope man ... i love my BC's if i ever need to get other coilovers for some reason i might try these out.

5. shark tales

shark tales Wiggle Wiggle Memeber

this is also great info to have bc if us coilover guys ever need different spring rates or coilover rebuilds we will know who to go to.

6. DRock

DRock Senior Member

Those look really nice, but I'm still not convinced that a TRUE real coilover is needed on this car. Putting all that pressure on a shock mount that isn't made for it just doesnt sit right with me

7. jayman33

jayman33 Senior Member Official Vendor

Dropped it about another 3/4 inch.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  8. jayman33

Have to hurry and get to my inlaws in MI and grab my Roush bumper and side skirts. Then I'll be happy with the exterior.

9. JV doose

JV doose forum member

real nice car jayman33 ... i want a whipple sooooo bad!

10. duggyb

duggyb Parts For Sale Lurker....

whats a set of those 500 coils worth? how do they compare to D2s?

11. trakhoar

trakhoar forum member

I was a little worried about them for this same reason. Did they beef up the upper shock mount any?

12. DRock

DRock Senior Member

It would probably take a lot to beef up that mount and with a coilover system that cost 1100 buxs I wouldnt say they beefed up anything

13. foolio2k4

foolio2k4 forum member

14. jayman33

Foolio I love how clean your car is. It just looks smooth.

15. SS KILLR

SS KILLR Killer of the SS

Subscribed. Should be getting my 19" brembo wheels next week. I have FRPP k springs. Will post pics. Awesome looking cars guys.

16. jsnyng

jsnyng Senior Member

Brembos on KW V3's. I could go another inch lower if I wanted to.

[​IMG]
    Untitled by jsnyng, on Flickr

17. stang389

stang389 forum member

how do you like those coilovers are they worth the money?

18. jsnyng

jsnyng Senior Member

It all depends on what your goals are with the car. I think the KW V3's are the best double adjustable damper coilover kit on the market for the money. You really have to almost double the cost to get something better like Moton, Motion Control, AST, etc. Even set to pretty soft settings, they aren't nearly as comfortable to daily drive as the Koni Sport/Steeda Sport combo I was running. Put some big old fat Hoosiers on all four corners, and you'll grin until your jaws hurt. The Steeda Sport spring rates couldn't handle the grip I generate up front from the Hoosiers.

19. Giddyup10

Giddyup10 forum member

Ah I really need to lower my ride. It looks like a monster truck even more now :(

20. etnoats

etnoats forum member

Steeda sports with Stern 19 x 8.5s. Like to get it about a 1/4 in lower though.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.