slammed with 10+ wide on front, post your pics!

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
I seriously aint hating. I do love fender flares. It just doesnt fit this car. Nothing ive seen for this body style works. Its just better left alone or do the UBB style flares where it looks factory but wider.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
I seriously aint hating. I do love fender flares. It just doesnt fit this car. Nothing ive seen for this body style works. Its just better left alone or do the UBB style flares where it looks factory but wider.

I hear you. The thing about building cars for me is that I've never built my cars based on what other people think. I fully respect other people's decisions in the way they build their cars, and I also fully respect their opinions of the way I build mine. I agree 100% that the flares on my car are not for everyone. I think its safe to say that if anyone even slightly cares about what other people think of their builds, then you shouldn't even start in the first place.

Im all for criticism though, so I don't mind it one bit. Its the ignorant comments that just make me laugh. I feel like if you don't like someones build and voice your opinion about it in a mature manner like you just did, I truly can respect that opinion. Its when people make the dumb comments calling someones car a "mexi ride" that don't need a response. They make themselves look bad enough on their own.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Dang rice rocket mustangs!!! Lol every time I see that boss I uncontrollably want to put a big dumb spoiler on my car haha. I don't even know why

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Dang rice rocket mustangs!!! Lol every time I see that boss I uncontrollably want to put a big dumb spoiler on my car haha. I don't even know why

RIGHT?! hahah. All I need now is a massive wing and Air Lift suspension and I believe I will have the most hated mustang of all time. lol

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Maybe not the most hated but you get on Instagram and you are guaranteed to have equal amounts of fanbois and haters

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
RIGHT?! hahah. All I need now is a massive wing and Air Lift suspension and I believe I will have the most hated mustang of all time. lol

Don't ruin your Mexican Mustang any more than you already have..... :troll3:

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Don't ruin your Mexican Mustang any more than you already have..... :troll3:

haha, its all good I'm just glad I have thick skin. As long as I'm happy with my car, which I very much am, that's all that matters. At least if they hate the flares, they seem to love the Whipple. haha

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
And I'm not saying I hate YOUR flares, just that the "scene" requires them for people to be "cool." That's why I thanked rocket bunny in my post.

And yours aren't the worst I've seen, but if I didn't see 200+ instagram fuckboys a week posting pictures of every car they can think of with riveted on flares in between selfies with OBEY hats, I would probably like the look more.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
And I'm not saying I hate YOUR flares, just that the "scene" requires them for people to be "cool." That's why I thanked rocket bunny in my post.

And yours aren't the worst I've seen, but if I didn't see 200+ instagram fuckboys a week posting pictures of every car they can think of with riveted on flares in between selfies with OBEY hats, I would probably like the look more.

You should have seen SEMA this year. It was absolutely ridiculous how many cars out there had flares. haha. I really just wanted a super aggressive look, which is why I built these huge wheels to fit them properly. No spacers were used at all. I custom made the wheels to fit the flares, and once the massive R888's were mounted, the rears actually had to be widened just a little bit. I still know that flares aren't for everyone, but I made sure to not use massive spacers with stretched tires to pull it off, I still wanted to really aggressive "muscle" stance.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Its honestly just the front flares that ruin it for me. they look unfinished. Otherwise, im down with flares all day. Im gonna flare my fox this winter.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
I wish I knew someone who could mold the ones I want and change them up a little so I could get the look I want.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
For me personally, I don't mind flares, I like the flares on Rob's car with the P-40 inspired graphics and the ones that Alpha Performance (I think) did for the S550 looked pretty cool. The ones where the are sort of missing the front half of the flare don't really catch my eye as I feel like they aren't really ... complete I guess. The aero from the air hitting the tires I think just really draws me off of them sort of. I like sort of a finished look like the flares on the Shelby widebody kits. For me, I didn't really notice the flare as my eyes were drawn towards the wheels which are ..... Well .... the color is a bit too extreme for me.

Although I have to give you props. 98% of the folks with these flares just stick on spacers and to throw the wheels out which I think is a terrible idea but you went all out with it. You ended up throwing a big ass tire on there which is the whole point of the flare. Then again, I guess I am weird. I would love a swan neck mount spoiler on my car which is WAY odd looking on a Mustang haha.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
For me personally, I don't mind flares, I like the flares on Rob's car with the P-40 inspired graphics and the ones that Alpha Performance (I think) did for the S550 looked pretty cool. The ones where the are sort of missing the front half of the flare don't really catch my eye as I feel like they aren't really ... complete I guess. The aero from the air hitting the tires I think just really draws me off of them sort of. I like sort of a finished look like the flares on the Shelby widebody kits. For me, I didn't really notice the flare as my eyes were drawn towards the wheels which are ..... Well .... the color is a bit too extreme for me.

Although I have to give you props. 98% of the folks with these flares just stick on spacers and to throw the wheels out which I think is a terrible idea but you went all out with it. You ended up throwing a big ass tire on there which is the whole point of the flare. Then again, I guess I am weird. I would love a swan neck mount spoiler on my car which is WAY odd looking on a Mustang haha.

Haha, all very valid points. To be 100% honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the way the flares sort of ended on the fronts when I first saw them either. The guy who made these (Sam Soto at Stage 3 performance) had plans to develop a front splitter with canards that sort of tie the whole front end together, we just didn't have time before SEMA to develop them. Its still a plan for him, but this look has kind of grown on me now, and I like it. I want to run a front splitter and machine my own canards, but I already have enough trouble with driveways as it is. hahah

As for the neon yellow, dont you DARE make fun of that col....just kidding. Every project I've built over the last few years had neon yellow as a theme, I definitely kicked it up a notch on this one though. haha. Without the stickers, it looks a little less extreme. The stickers are all coming off now that SEMA is over, and will be replaced with much more subtle ones.

Here are some shots of the car with my old stickers on it.

A6Rxtg8.jpg

ek8ps7G.jpg

PM9quAG.jpg

MfS9CAS.jpg

daMMyWN.jpg

DRock

Reaction score
For the record I love that rices out mustang

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back