So pulling into the grocery store today...

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
and this white F150 pulls up next to me after I park. Guy leans out asks me if I have a minute as I'm getting out of my car. I'm thinking "Great, he's either an off-duty cop who is about to give me shit about my 'spirited' driving or some dude down on his luck wanting some money."
"Is that a Bullitt?" Phew. Lol! Turns out he used to own an '01 Bullitt and has been lookin to get back into a S197. He told me he's been into cars for 30 years and he loved the way mine sounded. We proceeded to talk for another 30 minutes. He basically loved everything about the car, the stance, the wheels but especially how it sounded. Made my day.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
and this white F150 pulls up next to me after I park. Guy leans out asks me if I have a minute as I'm getting out of my car. I'm thinking "Great, he's either an off-duty cop who is about to give me shit about my 'spirited' driving or some dude down on his luck wanting some money."
"Is that a Bullitt?" Phew. Lol! Turns out he used to own an '01 Bullitt and has been lookin to get back into a S197. He told me he's been into cars for 30 years and he loved the way mine sounded. We proceeded to talk for another 30 minutes. He basically loved everything about the car, the stance, the wheels but especially how it sounded. Made my day.

Awesome! I hope you told him when he does get back into it, that he signs up here. Ha ha!

JJ427R

Reaction score
Now you know how it feels to be a Roush owner...… :)
I say that because literally almost every time I drive my Roush I have this happen. I've been pulled over several times by guys like this, I get questioned at every gas station, I have people give me thumbs up going down the roads, and I never get tired of it, It's a great feeling to get an acknowledgment on your vehicle like that.....

The only thing I don't like is I have a 427R and everyone asks if it has a 427 in it.... and I have to say no...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back