SO yea got a PI 3200 tc installed today.

jre8806

S197 Member
Reaction score
And OMFG can u tell the difference. Put it on a regular dyno to wear it in the shifts a bit before i took it out, since i heard its recommended to wear it in a bit before you think about slamming it. haven't slammed on it yet and don't plan to for about 400-500 miles , I'll slap shift it a bit to get it use to it. and then when i pass the mark, Ima try it out. But right off the bat I can tell a difference. Cant wait to see what this thing can do. The stang is really alive now. It's wild. If I knew it was goin to be this much difference I would've put it on my first mods.

jre8806

S197 Member
Reaction score
Would like to thank msgt46270 for giving me some good input as well as DynoJoe and Jon from Fatal Performance Racing.

Slofoot

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Never heard of breaking in a T/C? I installed mine and drove straight to the track and flogged it same day. 100+ passes and 15000 street miles later it's as good as new. A good torque converter really does make a huge performance difference in these cars, Up to 1/2 second increase in E/T's. I went from 12.teens to 11.70's after installing my TCI converter.

TheDarkPath

forum member
Reaction score
And OMFG can u tell the difference. Put it on a regular dyno to wear it in the shifts a bit before i took it out, since i heard its recommended to wear it in a bit before you think about slamming it. haven't slammed on it yet and don't plan to for about 400-500 miles , I'll slap shift it a bit to get it use to it. and then when i pass the mark, Ima try it out. But right off the bat I can tell a difference. Cant wait to see what this thing can do. The stang is really alive now. It's wild. If I knew it was goin to be this much difference I would've put it on my first mods.

How is normal street driving with the 3200 stall? I'm thinking of getting a PI multidisk 3200 stall some day but I worry about the street manners with it. Did you get a street tune and a race tune?

Do you live in Houston?

jre8806

S197 Member
Reaction score
well i looked in Musatngs and Fast Fords adn thats what they did to their as a precaution. I dont want to go through T/C's :(

jre8806

S197 Member
Reaction score
How is normal street driving with the 3200 stall? I'm thinking of getting a PI multidisk 3200 stall some day but I worry about the street manners with it. Did you get a street tune and a race tune?

Do you live in Houston?

I live In Tomball, Texas. And I jsut got it put in, I'll drive around a few days and let you know.

TheDarkPath

forum member
Reaction score
I live In Tomball, Texas. And I jsut got it put in, I'll drive around a few days and let you know.

Cool deal man. I live near Jersey Village. If you ever go to HRP, let me know. I'd like to see what kind of a difference in ET the TC made.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well i looked in Musatngs and Fast Fords adn thats what they did to their as a precaution. I dont want to go through T/C's :(

You're not going to break it, just drive!! :)

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Would like to thank msgt46270 for giving me some good input as well as DynoJoe and Jon from Fatal Performance Racing.

Your welcome for everything. I knew that you would like it. Take some video's and get that thing to the track and kick some :moon:.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
How is normal street driving with the 3200 stall? I'm thinking of getting a PI multidisk 3200 stall some day but I worry about the street manners with it.
No problem whatsoever... my daily driver has a 3500 stall converter.

jre8806

S197 Member
Reaction score
I got the multi disk too. Hopefully it will do good when I put that Saleen blower in it. >:)

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I got the multi disk too. Hopefully it will do good when I put that Saleen blower in it. >:)

It'll do just fine, I also have the saleen blower. Like I said, make sure you have a GOOD tuner.

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
Is there a big difference with a 3000 Stall converter to a 3200?... because the prices are doubled..

-John

BlackSnakeMoan

Pokemon
Reaction score
I dont think theres a price difference. I boaught a 3000 stall and have an option of changing it in the next 2 years. Its part of the waranty.

matt texass

Reaction score
i think he's talkin about the tci piece.... the tci 3000 is redone in the stock casing..... the others I believe are not

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I looked on TCI website and couldn't tell if the TCI 3000 was a single disc or multi-disc. I would rather the multi-discfor the track.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back