Spare Change for CraigsList Ride

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Nice but seems to have a different look than the movie car. Maybe just needs a good paint buffing. The stance seems off a bit. Don't get me wrong.......I'd drive the heck out of that car.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
At one point there was a company in Texas that only did Eleanore replicas, I wonder if that one is real. Either way my wife would trade me for that thing in a heartbeat! lol.

nawagner

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in Des Moines on a regular basis. You buy it and I'll drive it to you. Might take a few days to get to NE though. ;)

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score
Guy really knows how to hype a sales ad. And I'd like to think they could do a better job on the drivers seat for that kind of coin.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
As nice as it is, a modern GT would blow it away in every single aspect except nostalgia. I'd rather have a 2008-2009 Bullitt again (damn I miss mine).

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Wrong year for an Eleanor! Something about the body line don't look right to me.
I'm fairly certain it's just a dressed up fastback, def not a $70k car. If I had a real GT500 you can bet that would be the main selling point.
It has a 5.0 engine, GM HEI style distributor and a several other details that takes in a direction that devalues it.
It should have a FE428 in it if it was real, and NO Mustang or Ford badging inside or out.

13v6

Reaction score
It's a '66. Neither the correct year for Eleanor or GT500. Just a dressed up fastback.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
At one point there was a company in Texas that only did Eleanore replicas, I wonder if that one is real. Either way my wife would trade me for that thing in a heartbeat! lol.

I think there's been multiple companies doing that. Still trying to bank off that movie almost 20 years later.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

The company in Texas you're referring to was Unique Performance. They had a licensing partnership with Carroll Shelby to build the Eleanor replicas until they got closed down by law enforcement due to shady business practices. The link included below has the complete info.

https://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/11/shelby-okays-production-of-continuation-cars-for-former-unique/

It's a '66. Neither the correct year for Eleanor or GT500. Just a dressed up fastback.

"67" was the correct year for the Eleanor.

eleanor_580.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back