Squeaking!!! Help! Belt? Tensioner? What is it?!

b00stedgt

Reaction score
I removed my thumprrr tensioner today and there was a ton of play in the pulley. I put the original tensioner and 100mm pulley on and my squeal is gone. For now atleast...

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Ok, found my SC pulley 1/2 rib back and my ALT pulley 1/2 rib forward. So a 1 inch 1.5mm thick washer between SC snout and pulley brings it into alignment and I am going to mill 1.5mm off the ALT pulley at work. I should then have everything dead on. BTW I called Whipple and Mike is sending me a spacer to replace the washer with. Great tech to deal with their.

Sent from a secure underground Government facility.

b00stedgt

Reaction score
Mike at whipple is great. Their customer service is second to none and a major reason why I picked their supercharger

jmn444

Reaction score
I agree, Mike answered questions on a SUNDAY for me once! Can NOT beat dealing with him at all.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, found my SC pulley 1/2 rib back and my ALT pulley 1/2 rib forward. So a 1 inch 1.5mm thick washer between SC snout and pulley brings it into alignment and I am going to mill 1.5mm off the ALT pulley at work. I should then have everything dead on. BTW I called Whipple and Mike is sending me a spacer to replace the washer with. Great tech to deal with their.

Sent from a secure underground Government facility.

I would not use a washer. Just get a new seal ring that is the correct size.

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Mike at Whipple is sending me a spacer to replace the washer with. I only used it to determine the thickness I needed. Mike is a great tech to deal with over there.

SPACER EXAMPLE from Google search:

kit.jpg

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Well, that was a PITA but everything is dead on alignment now. The spacer Whipple sent me was too thick (my fault). I had to have another one made by a shop down the street from where I work. The spacer is .034" for the super charger pulley, the same shop shaved .034 off the 3.2 Metco alternator pulley I just got today from Chris (RacingtheBurg). The AC, PS, and Crank all lined up perfectly shooting the laser both ways. The ribbed idler pulley bearing was pushed towards the motor VERY slightly to get it into alignment. The HD ThumpRRR tensioner was also shimmed slightly Peter had a very small spacer sent to me to push the smooth idler towards the engine. The super charger pulley when lasered hit dead center of the 3rd groove in the pulleys, the alternator hit dead center of the 2nd groove on all the pulleys. That means I was 1 rib off between the super charger pulley and the alternator. All belts now ride dead center on all the smooth pulleys and I hope all this helps finally end shredding belts.

This is an 8 rib set-up.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back