Stroker short block

Vinnie5.0

Reaction score
Ok. After years and years of talking about it I am finally ready to pull the trigger on a striker shortblock. A little background on the car. 06 gt with Saleen supercharger at 9.5lbs of boost with upgraded Saleen intercooler. 3.73 gears. Fully built auto trans by level 10. 2800 stall PI converter. Stock top end of motor and it will remain stock for at least another year. The car has a Jdm tune since I put the supercharger on it when the car had a thousand miles on it. I swear by their tunes. So naturally I was looking at their 302 shortblock. But the other day I was surfing around and and across brenspeed's 326 stroker short block. I have not seen much info on the brenspeed block and was wondering if I could get an opinion from you guys which shortblock I should get. The car is a daily driver with 2 kid seats in it but I really don't care about keeping it what other people would call reasonable. I use the power on the track and whenever it is safe. Some input from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the FRPP Aluminator stroker shortblock. Aluminum instead of iron and built by Ford Racing. Wish they would hurry up and release it.
impatient2.gif

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
so is the frpp a 5.0 aluminum block or 4.6 stroked to 5.0 .

Vinnie5.0

Reaction score
Looks like a nice block but only rated to 750hp. I would like to see 650 to the tire on pump gas.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I am building basically the same engine but using a stock crank. Hoping to see 650-700rwhp on high boost.

There is another member on here that has basically the same engine with a stock crank, and has made more than 650rwhp already.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Looks like a nice block but only rated to 750hp. I would like to see 650 to the tire on pump gas.

Ratings don't mean too much, I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor. I've read that the new motors are going to use an iron block instead of the aluminum that was originally stated. That's why they are painted.

What form of forced induction are you going to use for 650rwhp on pump gas?

hamish

forum member
Reaction score

Probably not going to happen with that setup, actually I haven't seen any big bore builds with a Saleen?

Standard Stroker kit with the Aluminum block at roughly 302" not likely.

rayS197

Reaction score
so is the frpp a 5.0 aluminum block or 4.6 stroked to 5.0 .

its a stroker. when I called last week I forgot to ask aluminum or iron block. I was giving different compression ratio numbers but the tech was just trying to put something together quickly. was told it should be out by the end of this month.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back