silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What else would I need to support a 76mm turbo

I currently have 60lbs Injectors
MAfia
GT500 Pumps + Dual BAP
Stock Fuel Rails

Do I need the Delete plates or should I use the stock ones with the butterflies removed. Steeda sells The OE kit like this.

What are you guys (drag Racers ) doing to spool the turbos faster, is necessary to use a 2 Step or maybe a small shot of juice like a 75 hp off the line.

Planning on 20 psi only.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would think a stock set with the butterflies removed would be fine. No real difference between that and a delete setup.

Last edited:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wish he had a pro here to answer him :samuri:someone with a modaddiction or something ! haha

Last edited:

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
Just buy the CMC delete plates. Removing the butterflies leaves holes that you don't want. BB turbo will spool faster. Using a boost controller PROPERLY will make your turbo spool faster. Wrapping the up pipes and keeping the heat in them will make it spool faster. Oh yeah, use the correct AR size on your exhaust housing for your intended goals.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
I still run my IMCR Plates, they dont make a difference. A good electronic boost controller with the 2 step on a stick car would help .
On a automatic car like mine you need a converter and a MSD Mod 6 to be able to 2 step the car.
Or in my opinion do what I did and just spray it off the line and have it shut off after a certain boost setting.

DSC04766.jpg

DSC04767.jpg

DSC04765.jpg

Pete

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What else would I need to support a 76mm turbo

I currently have 60lbs Injectors
MAfia
GT500 Pumps + Dual BAP
Stock Fuel Rails

Do I need the Delete plates or should I use the stock ones with the butterflies removed. Steeda sells The OE kit like this.

What are you guys (drag Racers ) doing to spool the turbos faster, is necessary to use a 2 Step or maybe a small shot of juice like a 75 hp off the line.

Planning on 20 psi only.

What kit are you using or what kit or your building from? Cali gave awesome advice in making sure your exhaust housing is properly sized for spooling that thing or you will find yourself sitting on the line for 5 seconds without spray.

'Only' 20 psi?...lol

I would do rails for sure and some other things maybe depending on what kit you are doing or building from.

If you are going back to the 4r70 and planning to cruise that thing with big power on the street, I would also look hard into what trans cooler(s) you are going to use and what size converter you get in your trans.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wish he had a pro here to answer him :samuri:someone with a modaddiction or something ! haha

Just about EVERYONE on this site is a mod addict always looking for that next 'fix'...:trout:lol

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if drugs would actually be cheaper...:shock:

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What kit are you using or what kit or your building from? Cali gave awesome advice in making sure your exhaust housing is properly sized for spooling that thing or you will find yourself sitting on the line for 5 seconds without spray.

'Only' 20 psi?...lol

I would do rails for sure and some other things maybe depending on what kit you are doing or building from.

If you are going back to the 4r70 and planning to cruise that thing with big power on the street, I would also look hard into what trans cooler(s) you are going to use and what size converter you get in your trans.

Thanks for the advise Modaddict...lol. I am ordering some Metco Fuel Rails, Steeda Delete Plates and I am going to use two trans coolers, One that is comming of a '05 Auto and one with a 160 thermostat. About the converter I haven't decided yet.

As far as spooling goes I have a Lil gadget that may help me in case I find troubles spooling.

I am waiting on a Response from Jin@turbohorsepower to see what he can put together for me. I Wonder how much boost and power you can get out of the 67mm.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 67mm will peak out @ about 14 psi. You will only get small increases after that.

Are you building from Jim's kit? Are you using the complete kit or upgrading anything? What exactly does the kit come with? (what size pipe, bov, exhaust housing, etc.)

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 67mm will peak out @ about 14 psi. You will only get small increases after that.

Are you building from Jim's kit? Are you using the complete kit or upgrading anything? What exactly does the kit come with? (what size pipe, bov, exhaust housing, etc.)

This is the list with what I am ordering:

*Garrett Single T76 Turbo

*Tial Billet 44 MM Waste gate

*Blow Off Valve

*Oil fill and return fittings and lines

*Upgraded Air to Air Intercooler

*Jet Hot Coating of all Tubing

*Quality Silicone Connectors in red, blue or black

*Quality Stainless V band Clamps

*Quality Stainless T bolt Clamps

*CNC Mandrel bent tubing

*Large Conical Air Filter

*3” down pipe (others use 2.5”)

*Y pipe to attach to your stock axle back mufflers

*Oil filter relo kit

*Turbo Polishing

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back