Suspension noise..FRPP springs and swaybars

QWKSNKE

forum member
Reaction score
Around the first of January I installed FRPP springs and swaybars in my 08 GT. Everything went fine with no problems.
About a month ago I started hearing noise coming from the front of the car when driving on bumpy roads. Jack the car up yesterday looking for anything loose or evidence of anything rubbing and couldn't find anything. Has anybody else ran into a problem like this.

**Note.. The stock struts and shocks are still being used

ryanralston07

forum member
Reaction score
Need new strut mounts most likely...most people go with gt500 ones. You can find them on ebay pretty decently priced

Arkady001

forum member
Reaction score
Before you buy new parts, just try tightening the 4 tower-strut nuts on both sides, they'll feel finger-tight, but if you put a wrench on you may find they've loosened off a 1/2 thread or so.
This happened to me two days ago after a stretch of particularly bumpy road that I was...err...not taking it easy on.
Two weeks after my own suspension install...

The sound was a metallic 'clank' that appeared to come more from the driver's side at the front whenever I bounced over a rough spot.

QWKSNKE

forum member
Reaction score
Before you buy new parts, just try tightening the 4 tower-strut nuts on both sides, they'll feel finger-tight, but if you put a wrench on you may find they've loosened off a 1/2 thread or so.
This happened to me two days ago after a stretch of particularly bumpy road that I was...err...not taking it easy on.
Two weeks after my own suspension install...

The sound was a metallic 'clank' that appeared to come more from the driver's side at the front whenever I bounced over a rough spot.

Thanks. I'll check those. Not really a metallic sound but I will check here in a minute.
At first I thought the bushings were bad.

Arkady001

forum member
Reaction score
hmm. bet the dealership will refuse that fix with my current suspension upgrades

I checked them as well

Maybe so - I was told not to use the original strut mounts apart from the rubber cup which is re-used as part of the Steeda installation, as this was pretty much guaranteed to happen...

QWKSNKE

forum member
Reaction score
I think I will do the GT500 mounts when I have some extra money to see if they fix the problem

GI Joe

Reaction score
maybe its those big ass rubber boots you left in there..lol

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
Install instructions I've seen say something like "some parts are meant for one-time use" without saying what that part is. Is this the strut mount?

...now trying to figure out what a strut mount is...

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
could be sway bar endlinks too. Check their tightness.

Indeed! I've had a clunking sound that's been happening, turned out it was the swaybar/endlinks (BMR and MM, but happened even when both were BMR) that were not fitting 100% snugly, making them real tight solves the problem, but not sure for how long. Check the end links!

Last edited:

me32

forum member
Reaction score
i would think the Strut mounts since there were alot of GT's that have that problem and have fixed it by changing to the GT500 ones

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Around the first of January I installed FRPP springs and swaybars in my 08 GT. Everything went fine with no problems.
About a month ago I started hearing noise coming from the front of the car when driving on bumpy roads. Jack the car up yesterday looking for anything loose or evidence of anything rubbing and couldn't find anything. Has anybody else ran into a problem like this.

**Note.. The stock struts and shocks are still being used
99% sure that your one of your struts blew up.Since the springs are shorter,there's more weight on those struts,and they are not valved for that...hat what happened to me when I had stock struts with eibach pro kit.....buy ne set of struts....the FRPP kit is like 400$ they are made to match perfect for those springs

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back