Suspension question...too stiff... insight needed...

Quinchi

Reaction score
I have a noob's question. I bought my 05 V6 mustang a year ago with H&R lowering springs on stock struts. Car handles very well but it is very stiff and very noisy on bad roads. Any suggestion on the struts or springs? I am willing to put some money on this because its freaking me. Thanks for your time.

jsnyng

Reaction score
Can you do your own work? If so, I'd start with a set of Koni STR.T shocks/struts if you don't have a need for adjustable shocks. That may be the only thing you need. If you can't do the work yourself, I'd probably go with the same Konis and Steeda Sport springs since you'd essentially be paying for labor just once and have to get only one alignment.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
If you're using stock shocks/struts, they'll fail early with lowering springs; you really need aftermarket shocks/struts with those springs.

Quinchi

Reaction score
Thank you all for the inputs. TexasBlown: do you have any recommendation on the shocks/struts that would go well with my H&R lowering springs?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Koni or Tokico. Adjustables are nice but cost more, and let you fine-tune your settings to your liking.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
If you aren't looking to spend too much the Steeda non-adjustables will help a little. Had the same problem in my car, original owner put Steed Extreme springs on it with stock struts/shocks.... rode like someone welded the shocks/struts in place. The Steeda's are still a little bouncy but I am no longer coming out of my seat on decent bumps....

outlawDD

Reaction score
strange engineering offers a good product as well. they have single and double adjustable steel or alum. shocks and struts for the 05+. we have them on our s197 mustang nmra car. never have had an issue.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back