Sync went completely dead

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
2013 GT Premium with non-nav sync system. Today when I parked my car listening to music via the USB and ancient iPod I switched the system off with button on the dash. When I came back about 30 later and switched it on again it had changed back to the radio (it’s always done that) but when I pushed the voice button - nothing. I then tried pressing the AUX button on the dash. It would show “Sync” on the display for a split second and then immediate go back to the radio. The phone buttons on both the steering wheel and dash were completely unresponsive too. I tried to do a system reboot, but the menu would not allow me to access anything beyond the radio. It was like the whole Sync system was just gone.

I ended up pulling the #3 fuse (key off), counted to 10 and then replaced it after confirming with my ohm meter that it was good. Voice button still dead but now I would see “line in” when pressing AUX, instead of immediately returning to the radio. Nothing else, menu or anything, would work though and after a few minutes fiddling it went back to the original problem where I could not switch away from the radio (CD worked though).

I tried pulling the fuse again with the key on this time, then switched the key off, opened and closed the driver door and finally replaced the fuse. Turned the key back on and this time I was able to access the system menu and successfully performed a reboot. Everything is now working again. Whew!

My question is what happened? I don’t usually turn the system off, and when I have I think it’s always been when the radio was playing. Could turning it off when the USB is playing have screwed it up somehow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Known issue. Sync is garbage. You can try resetting it (Search this forum for "Bluetooth Media Disconnected"), but it will break again. EDIT: Saw you pulled the fuse already.

I fixed the issue by putting an aftermarket system in.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah my phone showed it was connected (Bluetooth symbol on display) but since sync was completely dead it would not have been able to show an error message like your example. I usually listen to music through an old iPod plugged into the USB port, not via Bluetooth streaming, I think the sound quality is better that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I find all the wireless BS not very dependable. My android head unit in the van sometimes just plain refuses to connect to my android phone. Other times, it connects automatically.
I love the stang. Just an aux cable, and works EVERY time. Haha

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back