Taxman's 07 GT Convertible build thread

05roush0090

forum member
Reaction score
I'm glad your enjoying it as much as I did! You did run a 3.48" pulley again correct? I really thought you would had better numbers also with 10psi. It is ok though. At least you know your not stressing the motor too bad with a good tune backing you up.

05roush0090

forum member
Reaction score
In for the cliff notes, but is your v3 the non intercooled version? If so, mind telling me where you picked it up from?

I originally got it from brenspeed non cooled. After a year I then picked up the Paxton air to air kit to add to it. I think brenspeed still sells them as non cooled kits if you were looking for a place to pick one up.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
3.48? I ran the 3.6 and made over 500. I though with those numbers he would be using the 3.8

Yeah Juco but you had cams and an intake and it was December. My numbers would've been higher in the cold too. I don't know why it was so low. Sean was having difficulty tuning the BBK throttle body. Maybe that's an issue. I've swapped out. I may have him tweak it a little now.

keoni1984

Homicidal
Reaction score
BoratVeryNice.jpg

Pics with the FRPP TB (Ooooo, shiney!)? Are you planning on forged internals and billet oil pump/gears?

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Have you started on that Saleen rear lip section yet?

Yeah I got the whole bumper. I bought a plastic welder to fill in the inset lettering, but it's on back order.

Sent telepathically

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
BoratVeryNice.jpg

Pics with the FRPP TB (Ooooo, shiney!)? Are you planning on forged internals and billet oil pump/gears?

Here's one
1cd6aebd.jpg

I'm not sure where I'm gonna go with it next. I've got a couple of more little things and then I'll call this stage complete and start planning what I'm going to do next. I imagine I will go with forged internals next year and an upgraded brake set up too. Just gotta give it some thought.

Sent telepathically

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Come to the friday night meet tonight taxman... Coit and goerge bush behind the McDonalds. Good meet

Can't make it tonight buddy. I'm going to the Rangers game. Holler at me next time though.

05roush0090

forum member
Reaction score
3.6 is a 10 psi pulley for vortechs air to water cooler. 3.48" comes with the Paxton air to air as it has alot of tubing and a huge intercooler to go through so it produces 10 psi after all that with the 3.48.

05roush0090

forum member
Reaction score
If the tb was giving the tuner problems I would be strapping it back on the dyno to see what he can do now with the new tb

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Here's some good pics of how it looks now with the new interior and the Vortech:

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back