Taxman's 07 GT Convertible build thread

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
30114de0.jpg

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
I get it tuned tomorrow morning. So far I like it. Tomorrow I'll let you know if I love it.

Kimura

!> /\/\
Reaction score
I get it tuned tomorrow morning. So far I like it. Tomorrow I'll let you know if I love it.

Cool, maybe I'll roll up there to watch and hang out. I was up there at TS on Saturday talking with the guys.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Cool, maybe I'll roll up there to watch and hang out. I was up there at TS on Saturday talking with the guys.

Cool deal man. Come on up. My appt is at 9:30. I've never been there before. I'm looking forward to meeting them. I've heard nothing but great things about them.

Kimura

!> /\/\
Reaction score
Cool deal man. Come on up. My appt is at 9:30. I've never been there before. I'm looking forward to meeting them. I've heard nothing but great things about them.

Clint and Sean are good people. They are a couple of old school guys that I've known from racing "back in the day". Since they are real car guys themselves who love to go racing, they always go that extra mile to make sure their customers are happy. This is NOT one of those shops that when you call you can't get ahold of someone or when you do, you get BS exuses. They call YOU to keep you informed the whole way of what they are doing, they will answer/explain all your questions no matter how long it takes.

A great, quality shop. :)

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Yeah I was deciding between them and Gearheads. Both have great reps with my car club... biggest difference is True Street answered the phone. Gearheads has a bad email address on their website and didn't return my call. If you're too busy to call me, my money must not be important enough.

Kimura

!> /\/\
Reaction score
Yeah I was deciding between them and Gearheads. Both have great reps with my car club... biggest difference is True Street answered the phone. Gearheads has a bad email address on their website and didn't return my call. If you're too busy to call me, my money must not be important enough.

I had my own experience with GH's, but that is all I will say about that. TrueStreet is the only shop that will get any of my money. :)

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
It was great seeing you there and I love the car. I'm very impressed with that shop and good choice in going there.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cool build, your engine bay looks great and you made good power today. How does it drive?

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Cool build, your engine bay looks great and you made good power today. How does it drive?

Mostly it drives great. I'm having some issues with this damn BBK throttle body though. It's throwing the car into fail safe mode. Ordering a FRPP throttle body tonight.

Sent telepathically

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Wrote in your other post. But Looking good brother. Those are great numbers. Right where id love to be eventually.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
It was great seeing you there and I love the car. I'm very impressed with that shop and good choice in going there.

I thought about popping in and saying "Hey its me , the guy with the longest build in history, I'm 05stoker" LOL but, I had a long day today at work so, priority takes over. I am ready for some track time!!!!:mad2:

Mostly it drives great. I'm having some issues with this damn BBK throttle body though. It's throwing the car into fail safe mode. Ordering a FRPP throttle body tonight.

Sent telepathically
Good call and nice car!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Sent telepathically

I have the GT500 throttle body, have never had an issue with it. I remember a few years back lots of people were having all kinds of issues with the BBK throttle body.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back