Techco blower

07 Boss

Reaction score
Personally I would steer away from it. Though I believe it was a decent blower, that company was only around for a couple of years and it is probably super hard to find any replacement parts for it. I believe the guys that started that company were old Saleen employees.

05sonic4.6

forum member
Reaction score
I was just curious about them more than anything honestly. Currently running a single turbo on my car.

I’ve never heard of the brand. it’s a shame they went out of business looks like a well designed blower capable of putting down some nice numbers.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did u search the site? IIRC there was a few threads about them years back. One or two installed here as well.

05sonic4.6

forum member
Reaction score
I did some searching, nothing with anyone pushing them on a built motor though. I found more about suspension component they made than anything.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I did some searching, nothing with anyone pushing them on a built motor though. I found more about suspension component they made than anything.

I thought they were actually a cool company. I think they made the hood with the functioning scoop flapper vent thingies. I thought that was pretty cool.

here it is

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Personally I would steer away from it. Though I believe it was a decent blower, that company was only around for a couple of years and it is probably super hard to find any replacement parts for it. I believe the guys that started that company were old Saleen employees.
You're absolutely spot on, the company was started by ex-Saleen employees and went bankrupt only after a couple of years being in business. IIRC following the demise of Techco, several of those guys went on to work for Edelbrock that designed the Edelbrock E-Force blowers which IMHO are very similar in design compared to the Saleen series VI twin screw blowers. At any rate, I agree with the other posters and would also advise the OP to stay as far away as possible. However, If either the Techco or Saleen design is really appealing? Then consider looking into the Edelbrock E-Force blowers which are currently still in production.

Last edited:

05sonic4.6

forum member
Reaction score

Yeah saw those just on stocks motors though, was seeing if anyone pushed them on a built engine, that’s where my curiosity about them was.

You're absolutely spot on, the company was started by ex-Saleen employees and went bankrupt only after a couple of years being in business. IIRC following the demise of Techco, several of those guys went on to work for Edelbrock that designed the Edelbrock E-Force blowers which IMHO are very similar in design compared to the Saleen series VI twin screw blowers. At any rate, I agree with the other posters and would also advise the OP to stay as far away as possible. However, If either the Techco or Saleen design is really appealing? Then consider looking into the Edelbrock E-Force blowers which are currently still in production.

I’m running a turbo so I don’t have interest in buying one. I had just never heard of them which had me intrigued is all. If I went with a blower I’d go DOB all the way ha.

I thought they were actually a cool company. I think they made the hood with the functioning scoop flapper vent thingies. I thought that was pretty cool.

here it is

That’s a sweet hood, If they were still making them if consider picking one up.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I’m running a turbo so I don’t have interest in buying one. I had just never heard of them which had me intrigued is all. If I went with a blower I’d go DOB all the way ha.
If I were running a turbo? I wouldn't have any interest either, therefore I can understand where you're coming from. Should I decide to stick with a blower setup once my current Saleen twin screw has seen the last of its days, I'll definitely go DOB all the way for sure, as they offer the most bang for your buck over the competition hands down IMHO.

05sonic4.6

forum member
Reaction score
If I were running a turbo? I wouldn't have any interest either, therefore I can understand where you're coming from. Should I decide to stick with a blower setup once my current Saleen twin screw has seen the last of its days, I'll definitely go DOB all the way for sure, as they offer the most bang for your buck over the competition hands down IMHO.

I agree, part of me wish I went with the DOB right off the bat, but now I have too much invested in my turbo setup to really want to switch.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I agree, part of me wish I went with the DOB right off the bat, but now I have too much invested in my turbo setup to really want to switch.
Also your much better off with a turbo setup anyhow, as their more efficient and less stressful on your engine components. If only I could afford to upgrade to a turbo setup? that would definitely be my preference of choice. But I'll more than likely go with the DOB setup as mentioned earlier when the time comes to replace my current Saleen VI blower.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
If you are just looking for what a basic eaton will do to a 3v and like being different I say go for it.

If you ever want more cowbell your going to have to take the whole thing off and replace with a different system though. Only lived for a few years and got sued into oblivion a decade ago means no upgrades for that system.

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
https://m.ebay.com/itm/2005-2009-Mustang-GT-Techco-Supercharger-/202352780241

Saw this this morning, seems like a damn good deal. What kinda potential did these blowers have? I’d think with 3.0 blower they’d be able to make some pretty good power with the right size pulley.
Been there, done that. Stay away.
Much better options out there and being able to source parts and get support is everything.
Plus my Techo Blower was fraught with problems. It was basically a good idea that was never fully refined. Plenty of bugs still in there when the company went under. I was the unlucky one that had the last blower installed right before they folded. I fought that thing for 2 years at several different shops until I finally broke down and bought a Kenne Bell and haven't looked back since.

BTW that link is to an eaton blower, not a techco.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back