The Devils Reject

philkilla

Crusher of skulls
Reaction score
Lol, I'm trying to stop, but it's so hard! With the fuel system and engine, and everything else done... It's just too easy not to.

Honestly though, I'm gonna keep it under 1000bhp, that's my danger zone. So 800-850whp will be all it goes to............

For now.

I'm sure I've read a similar sentence before.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Both of you shush! You keep instigating me on and my wallet isn't liking it lol.

(But I am)

And Brad, make it happen big guy :)

Sent from your moms room...

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
BMR panhard bar on the way.... Finally, lol. Its been over due

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
He at track on his racestars. Must not be running good. Haven't heard anything.

On side note I pick this up tomorrow
uploadfromtaptalk1374888224482.jpg

from my S4 in your sisters bed

Last edited:

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Hey guys, heres the scoop.

The entire reason to go out was to learn the car, clutch, tire, new engine, new trans... Not break ET records lol. With the bone stock car on street tires I hit 1.9 60s all day with the occasional 1.8. Now its a whole new learning curve, and it aint gonna be easy. This RXT is kickin my ass, and so are the DRs. I'll get there, lots to learn and try. Once I figure it out I'll be happy. I made 5 passes, all bogged down and flat out almost died starting from 3800 (way to low for the clutch) and ended up all the way to a 5K feather out launch because the DRs wont take the manual hit without blowing the tires off. Still bogged a good bit. It was launch test night and I learned quite a good amount. Anyways, with a bogged launch coming off the gas and a horrible 2.2 60, I rolled into it and went about shifting down the rest of the track and it was an 11.9 @ 124. Once I figure out this clutch and switch to a more forgiving soft wall tire that can take a manual hit, I'll be chomping the times down. All in due time. There's a reason why JPC is the only manual coyote running 9s... Lots of time, lots of trial and error, setup, and practice.

It ain't gonna be easy, but I'll have fun doing it, and be proud of myself once I earn my times. Next track time will be slicks, 5K and above launches, and hopefully no bogging. Seat time seat time seat time.

And from a Pro Motion racer at the track I talked to who runs 9 second manual cars... "You're introducing a bunch of variables (RXT, DRs, new engine setup) all at once that took me 2 years to master, and I broke a bunch of stuff". Lol. So I don't feel bad about it. He even said I need to stop playing with the DRs on the manual. It ain't gonna launch unless the track is perfect and even then it won't be very good with the RXT punch.

Last edited:

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Here is a crappy run, just like all the others that night lol. Trying to make the RXT play nice with the tires and it wasn't happening... Lots to learn and change in the setup, I'll get it there. :highfive:

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
New wheels are coming, 15X10 & 17X4, and they will have wrinkle walls for hard hit launches.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome gizmo. U will def get used to the car. Guys that run fast in stick cars have 100s of passes under there belts. The one thing I will say though is I think the difference between getting that good et and not, is driving like u stole it....not thinking or giving a shit about breaking something...saying fuck it, revin that bitch sky high, shifting like u wanna break something, etc. That's a problem I have always had Lol i never want to break anything. Btw do u have any pics of the roll bar installed.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Awesome gizmo. U will def get used to the car. Guys that run fast in stick cars have 100s of passes under there belts. The one thing I will say though is I think the difference between getting that good et and not, is driving like u stole it....not thinking or giving a shit about breaking something...saying fuck it, revin that bitch sky high, shifting like u wanna break something, etc. That's a problem I have always had Lol i never want to break anything. Btw do u have any pics of the roll bar installed.

Thanks man, and I totally agree with you. I started super low and almost killed the car lol. I blame the axle tube thread LOL, mine are welded but I'm still thinking about it. But I will slowly walk it up and get it there.

To be honest, this has been my first time down the 1/4 mile in a manual car, ever. Lol. I've gone in autos and bikes, but never in a manual car, much less one like mine.

I don't have a cage in it, I figured I'm gonna make it a milestone for me, my goal is to be told I need one lol.

Last edited:

stang910

forum member
Reaction score
Takes some time to get used to the power for sure. I was always bouncing off the limiter or short shifting cause I couldn't get used to how fast it revs. I was also having a lot of issues with wheel spin in 1st and 2nd on QTP's and pretty much stock suspension.

Are you still running GT500 mufflers? Your car sounds a lot louder then mine. Do the resonator deletes make that much of a difference?

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Stainless Works LTs, X pipe, no resonators, GT500 AB. Best sounding 5.0 exhaust setup on the planet lol. :p

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back