The "how much it weighs" thread

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
10.5lbs - Driver and Passenger airbags

8lbs - Front seat belts, just the retractors, belts and mounts (not counting the latches on the seat frame"

20.5lbs - evap/heater core behind dash

54lbs - Dash frame, skin, steering column, and wiring (no airbags, stereo, guages, glovebox)

mr. anderson

forum member
Reaction score
didn't see this as a package, but here it is the front brembo car swaybar, endlinks, radiator support, lower engine bay plastic cover, and support bracket and hardware, 39.7 pounds. give or take 1/2 lbs
2013-07-17153137_zpse3d022c8.jpg

che replacement aluminum version. 4 lbs

mustang75

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new and this is the first forum I've been on. I have 13 gt And working on a diet for it. So far I have put a bama tune,flow masters 40 series,which weigh 10 a piece,spare tire delete and mat over it,metal plate under column and metal that hold it,axle weights off,swiss cheese the steel front bumper,also I have a airaid intake. Any more ideas on weight loss without breaking the bank? Oh also,when I was in the process of destroying the front bumper I noticed where the air inlet from the stock cold air box starts is blocked almost intirely by a bracket. So I shaved it down and its a straight shot through were my foglights used to be. It does get more air I'm sure cause after I put it back together I took a ride and not five minutes in it threw a check engine light. I got back home and checked it on my tuner,it showed a lean condition which of course meant more air n needed more fuel. So I strategy tuned it until I could get an updated tune from bama. I didn't have the airaid intake yet.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I took my 2013 to MIR on Oct and weighed it in at 3450 without me in it; my car is a base with cloths seats, has the passenger seat removed, rear seats removed, rear seat belts removed, rear child seat brackets removed, spare tire/jack/carpet removed from trunk, FSB removed, lightweight rad support installed, BMR K member installed, alum d/s, weights on the axle removed, skinny fronts/racestar 15x10 rears, floor mats removed, nothing in the glove box/center console and between 1/4 and 1/2 tank of gas.

kingnut

Reaction score
i only fill up to a half a tank. that has to save some weight.

kingnut

Reaction score
I took my 2013 to MIR on Oct and weighed it in at 3450 without me in it; my car is a base with cloths seats, has the passenger seat removed, rear seats removed, rear seat belts removed, rear child seat brackets removed, spare tire/jack/carpet removed from trunk, FSB removed, lightweight rad support installed, BMR K member installed, alum d/s, weights on the axle removed, skinny fronts/racestar 15x10 rears, floor mats removed, nothing in the glove box/center console and between 1/4 and 1/2 tank of gas.

nice.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing what it weighs with the TT kit removed, hope to have lost at least 100 lbs.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
I havent see this listed but what does the carpet weight? Anyone know?

deluxe

Reaction score
Lighter than most Greg and lighter than mine which is a' 12 GT premium 6 speed. When I weighed it the only obviously lighter item was the aluminum one piece DS. Without me but a full tank it came in at 3591, the lightest Mustang at the motorsports open house. I wasn't expecting to weigh the car that day.
Since then I went from 19's to 18's with 19.5 pound TSW wheels to cover the Brembo's. I saved about 10 pounds a wheel over stock. 18" tires are a bit lighter than 19's but I don't know how much. I figure if I weigh it again with fumes only I should be about 3420#. I'm surprised it's that light yet has all the bells and whistles I need.
At the moment it's stock and waiting for a tune as I just removed the ProCal. We were harassed by an M6 the other day. Much heavier by about 800 pounds but had at least 100 more horsepower. Smoked them and they got the jump. Of course we observed local speed laws.

Well, this shows what I know. I weighed it on a truck scale. With fumes and without me it was 3470. I was disappointed. I presume the scale was accurate.

Last edited:

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Coyote engine with no flywheel, full accessories and a PS pump replacing the AC compressor.

i-kPDZzkW-M.jpg

i-gsjP2qG-M.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back