The PIC WHORE CLUB!!! Knock before you Enter!!!

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Gabe, yeah I did.

Long story short... I've always been a clean look kinda guy. When I got this car I immediately took the stripes off, then thought to myself... I didn't even give them a chance. So I eventually put the matte black stripes on. Don't get me wrong, It looked great and had that "Shelby" persona to it, but they just weren't for me.

I prefer simple and clean. These cars have such fine body lines, I feel like the stripes take away from that.

:waytogo:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Thanks Gabe, yeah I did.

Long story short... I've always been a clean look kinda guy. When I got this car I immediately took the stripes off, then thought to myself... I didn't even give them a chance. So I eventually put the matte black stripes on. Don't get me wrong, It looked great and had that "Shelby" persona to it, but they just weren't for me.

I prefer simple and clean. These cars have such fine body lines, I feel like the stripes take away from that.

Well, it looks killer either way.
I've long been a fan of stripeless Shelbys ... yours has a few extra touches done that make it even hotter!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Pic whore post:

New front tires/wheels:

20160126_NicheG2-06.jpg

20160126_NicheG2-07.jpg

20160126_NicheG2-08.jpg

20160126_NicheG2-10.jpg

20160126_NicheG2-11.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Nice. I almost pulled the trigger on those Niches until I came across my current wheels. Looks great with your car color. I really like the staggered concave look.

Thanks, I love them.
I'm doing staggered tire sizes but 20x10 wheels front and rear.
Hoping to have the rears on tomorrow.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Pic whore post:

New front tires/wheels:

Nice, those G2s look great on those wheels. What tires you putting on out back?

Spectacular. 07 to 09 Shelbys are one of my favorite Mustangs; and your car is definately one of my favorite Shelbys. Great color that holds its own without stripes.

Thanks guys. The 07-09 Shelby is my dream car. Ever since that scene in "I am Legend" I knew I wanted one, haha.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Gabe - I like the wheels. Looking forward to more pics.

Thanks buddy, you KNOW there'll be more ;)

Nice, those G2s look great on those wheels. What tires you putting on out back?

Thanks guys. The 07-09 Shelby is my dream car. Ever since that scene in "I am Legend" I knew I wanted one, haha.

Thanks Albert. And yeah the car looked and sounded awesome in that movie, didn't it?
I remember watching a show about that movie and how they made it, they used 2 prototypes of the GT500, ended up destroying one of them during a scene that they didn't even use. It was supposed to show Will Smith's character grab the car from a showroom, jump through a window with it, land in the street and take a sharp left onto the street, the car bottomed out so hard they destroyed all the lower front-end stuff, including the radiator and support. Car wasn't even for sale yet and they were destroying it :(

For rear tires I will be using 2 of these:

20151218_Nitto2.jpg

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, didn't realize they had a deleted scene. A quick google search turned it up... You weren't joking about destroying the car, ha.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Wow, didn't realize they had a deleted scene. A quick google search turned it up... You weren't joking about destroying the car, ha.

Lol yup, I forgot the car smashed into stuff across from the showroom too.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
New rear wheels/tires mounted/balanced today and installed on the car.
Looks like I might have to adjust the panhard bar a tiny bit toward the right, but the bar is gonna get replaced by a BMR Watts link soon anyway.

20160128_Niche2.jpg

20160128_Niche3.jpg

20160128_Niche4.jpg

20160128_Niche6b.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back