TO DF/W are guys. have use of 5-axis mills and cad system

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If I could find out or get a solid model of the 3 valve heads, I would love to try some port work, I have the Cad knowledge and ability, and could even "digitize" the ports using a "Farro Arm". THe big question is, how much material can be removed and where. Does anyone have a set of 3-V heads they would sell fairly cheap in the name of Exploration.

Or does anyone know where a solid Model of a 3-V head could be obtained (legally), that would be the most important thing first.

I am sure that I could do the mill work (you do the polishing) for much cheaper than 3k minus the cost of the head. After the fixture is built and the program proven out, I could see the mill work being completed in 2 hrs getting a finish that would require some elbow grease to get sufficiently polished, or 4 hours for a finish that would just take a "scotch brite wheel" for smoothing and a "brite-boy" will for the actual polishing.

I'm talking 400 for semi smooth and 600 for a finish that could almost go straight to polishing, or maybe $750 and $1050. Of course I would do my car first to be sure of expected out come.

let me know what you guys think

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can get 3V heads off of a 5.4L truck, they are the same heads. Sometimes they have deals on Carpartfinder.com or you can check local junk yards.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe what Terry is talking about is a 3D model of the 3v head done on Solidworks 3D software.

TexStang

Reaction score
he did state he needed a set of heads tho...but yes he does need the 3d model to play with

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i got 2 heads from car-part for 250 bucks shipped for both

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What kind of condition where they in and were you able to use them?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the ones i had needed repair. you just gotta make sure when you buy em that they send you pics first, or they allow you to return em if they are damaged. its a chance you will take forsure, but approximately 200 bucks beats 800 bucks any day of the week

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back