Today's House Project - Kitchen Sink

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
I gave my girlfriend a new kitchen sink and faucet for Christmas. We've been wanting a nice big single sink instead of the two small ones. I gave my mom the same setup and she's thrilled with it. It's a Kohler sink and Ruvati faucet. Looks deluxe! Just finished putting it in a little bit ago.

Before:

Wimpy 1/2 horsepower disposal:

MANLY 1.25 horsepower disposal from Costco! Grrr!

Drop-in Kohler sink:

Big hole:

Done!

Once the silicone dries my girlfriend will touch up around the sink edge where had a tiny bit of damage from pulling the old sink. Very happy with the new setup. It's HUGE compared to the crappy old sink. Got the sink/faucet from Overstock for about $600, and the disposal was another hundred something from Costco.

Paul.

VectorPat

forum member
Reaction score
And I thought I was the only one that had to install a new kitchen sink for christmas. I wanted stainless but she wanted white porcelain to replace the white porcelain I pulled out, she won. Its alittle different than the old one just shinier and alittle deeper. We wanted one that was configured different but the drain location wouldnt work with my plumbing.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Damn I really like that single tub! I had replaced ours for a stainless double tub when I bought the house and was debating a single. ill have to show this to my wife and see what she thinks about making another switch.

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
One sink is WAY better. You can fit huge cutting boards and stuff in there to wash. I don't really see the point of two sinks for most folks.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
One sink is WAY better. You can fit huge cutting boards and stuff in there to wash. I don't really see the point of two sinks for most folks.

when we built this time I still went with a double sink but went with one side larger than the other. I thaw things in the sink so wanted one side that didn't take much water to fill it halfway or so. This also gave me a larger section for bigger pots and cutting boards.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Well, the wife loved your sink. Looks like I'll be putting ours on craigslist once I find a new sink like yours

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Look on overstock.com and fixturesuniverse.com

I shop there for stuff all the time, and there are always coupons available for overstock once you sign up for their mailing list. Ruvati (the maker of the faucet) makes a sink/faucet combo that would've been cheaper than my setup, but it was 1" too short so it wouldn't fit the opening. I could've gotten the whole deal for a little over $400 instead of over $600 for what I got.

Paul.

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
Looks sweet. I wanted to put a single in our kitchen but the wife wanted a double so we did that and did the same route wicked went with 1 side bigger

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Since no one else said it, I will. That faucet is badass. I like the sink, but that faucet is really setting the whole thing off.

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Since no one else said it, I will. That faucet is badass. I like the sink, but that faucet is really setting the whole thing off.

Thanks. I was looking for a super-clean setup, and that faucet did the trick. Kohler offers this sink in a four-hole setup (three for the faucet, one for a soap dispenser) but I was trying to make it clean and minimalist. I'm really happy about how it looks now. Makes our whole kitchen look a little more modern - especially for a house built in '83.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back