Traction + ABS cutting out.

allworknoplay

New to the streets
Reaction score
2007 GT
Hey so if I go about 4k rpms I have noticed my traction light and ABS light cut in also causing my radio and HVAC controls to cut out. This happens even if I slowly creepy pass 4k or if I am flooring it.
Still happens when I have clicked the traction button off. I haven’t tried to get the back end out yet but normally when shifting I would get some tire chirping now I’m not.
Does have a custom dyno turn. Should I try reloading the tune? Car sat for month or two and had a dead battery. Replaced it and few days later notice this.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Wild ass guess, you have an alternator failing.
Have you scanned for codes?

allworknoplay

New to the streets
Reaction score
Wild ass guess, you have an alternator failing.
Have you scanned for codes?

I replaced the alternator few months ago. I logged the voltage and it spikes up to 15.98 as the highest when it happens. I did go with a remanufactured one.

no codes when using my SCT device.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
I’ve had two reman alternators fail in 3 weeks, on failed in one day. It spiked over Olathe and blew my headlights. I got the Oreilleys lifetime warranty one and can change it in under 30 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laga

Reaction score
I’ve had a bad alternator right out of the box from Advanced Auto. They replaced it without any hassle. It can happen regardless of where you buy it at.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
A shorted regulator is the likely reason for the overvoltage. Not responding to pcm control. Probably was the cause of a mystery battery drain.

MrBhp

Reaction score
Just an FYI. I'm sure some of you old timers already know this. Parts stores parts are an odd thing. When it comes to quality, the warranty means nothing. Well actually it does, just not what you think. As far as rebuilt parts go, the product with the least warranty is about the same as the lifetime rebuilt part. The lifetime warranty part has only had the part replaced that caused it to fail. If the brushes went, then new brushes went in, nothing else. The "rebuilt" part goes back out with all the old bushings, bearings, etc. Those rebuilding companies can't/won't put any money into that part because they know that everything they produce will come back on warranty. The longer that warranty, the more times it's getting returned. I started buying all my alternators and starters from DB Electrical. They are reasonable, horrible warranty, and they don't fail. I've had zero returned since I started using them 6 years ago. I was having a large percentage of parts house products failing.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
aAl
Just an FYI. I'm sure some of you old timers already know this. Parts stores parts are an odd thing. When it comes to quality, the warranty means nothing. Well actually it does, just not what you think. As far as rebuilt parts go, the product with the least warranty is about the same as the lifetime rebuilt part. The lifetime warranty part has only had the part replaced that caused it to fail. If the brushes went, then new brushes went in, nothing else. The "rebuilt" part goes back out with all the old bushings, bearings, etc. Those rebuilding companies can't/won't put any money into that part because they know that everything they produce will come back on warranty. The longer that warranty, the more times it's getting returned. I started buying all my alternators and starters from DB Electrical. They are reasonable, horrible warranty, and they don't fail. I've had zero returned since I started using them 6 years ago. I was having a large percentage of parts house products failing.
Alternators and water pumps I only by new. No reman.

07 Boss

Reaction score
It's hard to or nearly impossible to find a stock replacement that is new. I have been through 4 or 5 over the years and I finally put a 2010 alternator in there and haven't had any issues. I had one bad out of the box at Ford when they replaced it under warranty. I do have probably one of the last new stock replacements sitting on my shelf as a spare. I originally bought it and then decided to switch up to the 2010 one and just kept it around.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Got a new "white box" alternator on amazon for $85 for our daily 2005 grand marquis. But thhat was a few years ago. That was my last alt purchase.

axis101

Reaction score
Hi Guys, You might want to check out the Department of Boost (DOB) web site for a new alternator. Solid as a rock heavy duty & functional.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back