Trade my 07 for a '10?

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
If I were you I would just keep the 07 and continue to mod away, plus you owe less on it. The only car worth trading in for is the 5.0, but as long as your happy with your choice, thats all that really matters :thumb:

dmhines

KONA GT
Reaction score
I misunderstood the question ... I thought the decisions was between the 2010 and 2011 .. not whether you should do it at all. I went from a 2006 to the 2010 .. and it is a much nicer vehicle.

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
they'll only do 0% 36 months on a 11 but 0% 72 months on a '10

If that's the case I would definitely do it. The 10 is a superior car in all ways
(that aren't subjective, of course) just not as big of a difference as the 11 is. I got a great deal on a 10, and pay less per month then if i were to buy a used 08 or 09 with low low miles. How much are they giving you for your trade? Are you making 8k or are they only giving you 8k so you'd owe 10k in addition to the new car?

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
Add up the principal and interest left on your remaining loan.
Add up the principal on the loan for the 2010 (0% financing so no interest calculation).

Figure out the difference between the two, and then factor in your downpayment on your current vehicle. Is that difference in money worth having a supercharger and warranty?

i didnt trade my car in for a GT500, and instead threw a SC on my car bc when it came down to it, the money was just too large.

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
Since I don't like the new body style, I would only do it if going to a new 2011 and that is only for the sake of the motor. You'd be better served to keep the 2007 and put a blower on it, would be much cheaper than going to the 2010 or 2011.

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
Get the 2011, the 2010 is the same car you have now, but uglier. Or just put a blower on your current , not ugly car. If it was me 5.0 all day.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMO the 2010 and up styling blows the 05-09's away but I am biased since I have a 2010...but I also have the Exterior upgrade package #5 which completely changes the way the 2010's look...I don't think I would like the 2010's and up in the base model...amazing what side scoops, hood scoop, quarter window louvers, different spoiler and decklid piece changes the look of the car...plus the interior of the 10's are night and day above the 05-09's.

dubba07

Reaction score
Greg Hazlett said:
IMO the 2010 and up styling blows the 05-09's away but I am biased since I have a 2010...but I also have the Exterior upgrade package #5 which completely changes the way the 2010's look...I don't think I would like the 2010's and up in the base model...amazing what side scoops, hood scoop, quarter window louvers, different spoiler and decklid piece changes the look of the car...plus the interior of the 10's are night and day above the 05-09's.
Nope the styling just blows period. The rear wheel forward is nice but the back is nasty. And too much damn plastic. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree the black plastic piece on the bottom of the door/trunk is not attractive and I wish Ford would have left that painted or offered an option to have it color matched to the car; with my car being sterling grey it looks good but with other colors it does not look as good..

Guess we will agree to disagree on the exterior but I hope you agree that interior is much better on the 10' and up.

dmhines

KONA GT
Reaction score
Why? The 2011 is faster n/a.

A 2010 with and frpp blower is not impressive 350-375rwhp.

Much better lowend torque and saving around $6K in interest.

Not sure about you guys but the majority of my driving is under 4000 RPM.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Much better lowend torque and saving around $6K in interest.

Not sure about you guys but the majority of my driving is under 4000 RPM.

Yeah those benfits sound good. But plain and simple i was door to door in my car with boltons no cams yet. With a m90 roush from 0-80 when we let off. The 5.0 is going to walk all over it even in the lower rpms and did i mention its going to do it n/a with better gas mileage.

Last edited:

dmhines

KONA GT
Reaction score
Yeah those benfits sound good. But plain and simple i was door to door in my car with boltons no cams yet. With a m90 roush from 0-80 when we left out. The 5.0 is going to walk all over it even in the lower rpms and did i mention its going to do it n/a with better gas mileage.

You were door to door with what?? A 2010 with a Roush M90 with your N/A 2007? Not sure how that could be possible. I had an Eaton M90 (Xcharger) on my 2006 V6 Mustang that I traded in for my 2010 GT. The S/C V6 definitely felt stronger below 4000 RPM ... Heck ... on the Dyno the V6 was almost at Max TQ (305RWTQ) at 2800 RPM ...

SHow me the M90 4.6 TQ curve vs. the 5.0 TQ curve and I bet the S/C 4.6 looks much better.

I have multiple vehicles ... if I didn't ... I'd be driving a GT500 and not a GT .... :)

Here is the Dyno on my M90 4.0 V6 ...

Xdyno.jpg

Last edited:

bcb06gt

Reaction score
Here is why I think its a bad deal:

If you take it -- (Lets assume you have paid at least 10K so far)

$10K paid + $31K in new payments = $41K Blown 10' GT.

Keep your car ---

$10K paid + $18k more in payments = $28K stock 07 GT.

$41K - $28K = $13k savings.

Think about all the mods you could do for $13k.

An extra $13k thrown into the 07, and its going to crush that 10'.

Your missing a few parameters to make that a valid comparison. How much was actually paid initially (down paymeny, taxes)? Current value of an 07GT is likely less than the owed amount. Selling a car on the street even at the owed value results in more taxes paid on a new car (about $1500). Throwing $13K in mods on an 07GT doesn't do much for the resale value. Just some things not considered.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
(m90) roush 427R run mid to low 13s on average. And trap 105-106 mph. I was boltons and suspension, no cams, 315rwhp 325rwhp and trapped 104-105mph. Im sure on the highway from a roll he would pull on me put from a dig we were door to door.

This has all been discussed on other threads here but the with the weight of the blower and bigger rims really hurt the performance with such a small blower/pulley.

Btw got any more pics of your 10 im diggin the gold/black theme!

Last edited:

dmhines

KONA GT
Reaction score
(m90) roush 427R run mid to low 13s on average. And trap 105-106 mph. I was boltons and suspension, no cams, 315rwhp 325rwhp and trapped 104-105mph. Im sure on the highway from a roll he would pull on me put from a dig we were door to door.

This has all been discussed on other threads here but the with the weight of the blower and bigger rims really hurt the performance with such a small blower/pulley.

Btw got any more pics of your 10 im diggin the gold/black theme!

I see in Motortrend the 2010 427R is rated at a 13.1 1/4 mile ... which is pathetic since the 2010 GT is rated at 13.5 by Motortrend.

The Roush comes with 20" wheels ... which I doubt help at all with 1/4 mile times. Also ... to keep the factory warranty the tune is not very aggresive and I'm sure a tuner can get more power out of it ...

I need to get pics of my car ... no good ones available.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I see in Motortrend the 2010 427R is rated at a 13.1 1/4 mile ... which is pathetic since the 2010 GT is rated at 13.5 by Motortrend.

The Roush comes with 20" wheels ... which I doubt help at all with 1/4 mile times. Also ... to keep the factory warranty the tune is not very aggresive and I'm sure a tuner can get more power out of it ...

I need to get pics of my car ... no good ones available.

Agreed, stock tune and big wheels and 150lbs worth of blower/intercooler misc stuff dont help. And yes just a tune or pulley swap will wake them up. But in stock form they are not that impressive for a factory supercharged stang.
Most 427R guys end up doing blower swaps though.

Yes! def need new pics im intrested in seeing some more, as i have yet to see a gold in person and looks like u have hood decal of some sort.

pos 88 gt

Reaction score
Is the 2010 the vehicle that you really want? Is that the car that has been keeping you up at night?

If its an issue with warranty, Aftermarket warranties can be purchased for your 2007. Would the payments be lower? Lower payments would equal an in influx in your liquidity of cash in the short term, but are financially negated with the increased time you would be paying on the vehicle. The best part of the deal, is that you won't be upside down. Depending on the length of your current loan, it isn't likely that you will be able to trade your '07 for what owe for awhile.

I personally would only purchase the car if it would results in lower monthly payments, or if it was the car I really wanted. While it is a good deal, you already have a nice car. Why spend more money if the car is only going to be marginally more satisfying?

h8imports

forum member
Reaction score
The 2010 427R are not impressive in stock form. I raced one and pulled it on the street from a roll. I have stage 2 cams, C&L intake (not CAI the actual intake), 3.90's and Doug at Bama's race tune. He was pretty upset after the race. We pulled over and he kept asking me how much I was spraying? I raised the hood and he kept looking for it. LOL.

With a pulley swap and tune my buddy put 449 to the tire. He still with 20's and 18"s rear on drag radials only runs 8.20's? He told me he went a 8.05 but he usually runs 8.20's. (1/8mile). He car is a 5 speed.

I also have a buddy of mine who has a Shelby GT auto that with his car with a KB on the KB tune went a best of a 7.88 and is was cutting out on the top side.

My car before the cams went a best of [email protected] in the 1/8 mile. Thats just N/A.

I have a thread on here where I was talking about my race with the 2010 Roush 427R.

If it was me I would keep your 07 and supercharge it or get a 2011 5.0. I went and looked yesterday and it was going to up my payments by 200.00. I was like nope for 200 more a month I can mod the hell of mine. I can put a 5.1 stroker and stage 3 heads (or C&L heads when they out.) and then you would have more power and still less money but it wouldn't be stock. LOL

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back