Transfer OEM heated seat elements to a set of Recaros? Is it possible?

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
I've been considering buying a set of Recaros for my '11 GT, then buying the '13 GT500 leather takeoffs from Rehagen Racing to install on them. I think this would really set off the rest of my deluxe interior. However, I already have a 401A package car with the heated seats, and I won't make the swap if I can't retain all my OEM functionality. I have a couple questions:
- Has anyone transferred the OEM heating elements/wiring/assembly from their factory seats to a set of Recaros?
- Will I lose my power seat functionality?
- Does anyone have any information on whether this is even feasible? Or some compelling reason why it is not?
- Anyone have pictures of what the factory heated seats look like without the covers installed? I'm trying to figure out what's involved.
- Do the Recaros that you buy from Ford have the seat airbags already installed? Would their be any concerns with the swap?

Any help or tech information on this would be very appreciated. This swap may be far-fetched, but I'd like to find out if it's possible.

Paul.

Last edited:

skulls

forum member
Reaction score
I've been considering buying a set of Recaros for my '11 GT, then buying the '13 GT500 leather takeoffs from Rehagen Racing to install on them. I think this would really set off the rest of my deluxe interior. However, I already have a 401A package car with the heated seats, and I won't make the swap if I can't retain all my OEM functionality. I have a couple questions:
- Has anyone transferred the OEM heating elements/wiring/assembly from their factory seats to a set of Recaros?
- Will I lose my power seat functionality?
- Does anyone have any information on whether this is even feasible? Or some compelling reason why it is not?
- Anyone have pictures of what the factory heated seats look like without the covers installed? I'm trying to figure out what's involved.
- Do the Recaros that you buy from Ford have the seat airbags already installed? Would their be any concerns with the swap?

Any help or tech information on this would be very appreciated. This swap may be far-fetched, but I'd like to find out if it's possible.

Paul.

Air bags will come with the seat...they require different brackets which will cause you to LOSE you power seat functionality, I believe they should bolt right in, but might be a slight difference between theb11-12 air bag plugs and the '13, but you would need to comfirm that

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

32V Stang

Reaction score
The heated seat elements are just two pads with adhesive on them. Could put them in basically any seat. They are a one time use, once you remove them they cannot be reattached to the foam pad, so you would need to purchase two new upper and lower pad sets

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back