Transmission / Clutch install costs, BMR K-Members, and speed-shop fees gone wild!

v6tungsten

forum member
Reaction score
RXT/tr6060 swap

With all these OK guys...what would you charge me to install a tr6060 and rxt clutch? Basically a tr6060 swap in my 2006.

Wylie TX 75098.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
With all these OK guys...what would you charge me to install a tr6060 and rxt clutch? Basically a tr6060 swap in my 2006.

Wylie TX 75098.

I might be in a position to help you out. I'm in Lawton Ok.

If you wanted to help we could probably knock it out in half a day. Took me and a buddy less than that to do a RXT and a 6060 in my car. The hardest part BY FAR IMO is getting to the bell housing bolts on top of the tranny. If you or a buddy have skinny arms that makes it a lot easier. The other option is to pull the intake manifold. That makes it a lot easier as well.

PM me if you want!

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
The hardest part BY FAR IMO is getting to the bell housing bolts on top of the tranny.

Those suck. But with a 24-36" (I can't remember) extension and a swivel socket they are easy.

After the first trans I did (and have done a lot since then) I just remove the engine mount bolts, move the motor forward a bit and angle it back. Trans pretty much comes flying out of the car.

And if your putting a Magnum in put thread inserts in the starter and drill the holes in the bell housing out so you can put the starter bolts in from the rear. SOOOOOO much easier!

v6tungsten

forum member
Reaction score
I might be in a position to help you out. I'm in Lawton Ok.

If you wanted to help we could probably knock it out in half a day. Took me and a buddy less than that to do a RXT and a 6060 in my car. The hardest part BY FAR IMO is getting to the bell housing bolts on top of the tranny. If you or a buddy have skinny arms that makes it a lot easier. The other option is to pull the intake manifold. That makes it a lot easier as well.

PM me if you want!

engine is lowered 1/2" if that helps...what kind of money are we talking about?

I might take you up on your offer but its getting hot and might wait until after summer if doing in garage. Unless you dont mind working in that type of weather. Also car has Saleen supercharger so removing intake isnt easy...

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
engine is lowered 1/2" if that helps...what kind of money are we talking about?

I might take you up on your offer but its getting hot and might wait until after summer if doing in garage. Unless you dont mind working in that type of weather. Also car has Saleen supercharger so removing intake isnt easy...

I'll shoot you a message in a sec

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
I applaud you guys who do this stuff on jackstands.

It sucks, but the results are awesome. In progress:

photo2-vi.jpg

T56 is in! I used the long, long extension trick:

photo3-vi.jpg

Oh...and some BMR shizzle. Some of that $ I was gonna pay the installer if he hadn't tried to gouge me went into more mods:

photo1-vi.jpg

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh.

That looks amazing sir! Glad you went ahead and pulled the trigger on the "other" items. You won't regret it.

I cannot wait until you get to put it to the test.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
... or did now want to lie on my back and have my neck hurt all week (I'm in my early forties now)...

:roflmao: wait until you get older, young man!!! Being in the 50's and doing that shit on concrete with car on jackstands, I feel it for a couple of days. But, I know it is done right, or I am the one who fucked it up.

Getting the 3650 out was probably the hardest part of your ordeal, at least it was for me.

Don't you love the roominess of the k-member?!!! Really opens it up under there :clap:

Sounds like you got it under control now, and saved all that $$$ as well.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
That's about the only thing I like about FWD cars. The transmissions come out so much easier and aren't as heavy.

Being retired Army, I can go to any base with an Auto shop and rent a stall with a lift for like $15 a day. They have trans lifts and everything. Lord knows though, I've done plenty of RWD clutches on my back under jackstands. I'm just too banged up to do it that way any more.

v6tungsten

forum member
Reaction score
Did you do the BMR with the Trans in or out? Also did you just use a jack to keep engine in place? I'd love to due my own trans and stuff but funny story if you can beliee it is I tweaked by back again pulling Crabgrass...lol. Now idea what trans swap would do to me.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Today I'm taking my car to JPC to have them install my new UCA, because I felt it was "too difficult to do on jackstands."

But now DiMora has made me look like a pansy.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
My days of bench pressing a transmission into place while trying to stab the input shaft into the pilot bearing are long over. Kudos to you, DiMora.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My days of bench pressing a transmission into place while trying to stab the input shaft into the pilot bearing are long over. Kudos to you, DiMora.

Me too, thought nothing of installing a 10 Bolt Top Cover from my chest years ago, but today I find a brake rotor heavy! lol

Well done DiMora!

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Did you do the BMR with the Trans in or out? Also did you just use a jack to keep engine in place? I'd love to due my own trans and stuff but funny story if you can beliee it is I tweaked by back again pulling Crabgrass...lol. Now idea what trans swap would do to me.

I would leave the trans connected to the engine and trans mount, and raise the front of the engine; that keeps things more securely in place while the engine is unsupported. (and, this is how I did mine)

Back