Tremec Magnum XL(2.66 1st/.50 6th) Conversion Kit 05-10 Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.

3VNightmare

forum member
Reaction score
Tremec Magnum XL transmission used for approximately 800 miles (street driven) in a 2010 GT. I originally purchased this new as a full kit from JPC. Below is an itemized list of what is included. Also, I will throw in a new 05-10 slave cylinder as shown in the picture below.

- Tremec Magnum XL 6 speed transmission (2.66-1.78-1.30-1.00 -.74-.50) /SFI bellhousing/block plate (I had to oblong the starter opening on block plate to ensure proper starter alignment)
- Transmission crossmember
- Aluminum driveshaft w/pinion adapter
- McLeod RXT dual disc clutch PN#6932-07(does NOT include pressure plate bolts)
- McLeod steel flywheel PN#463406 (6 bolt crankshaft) (does NOT include flywheel bolts)

Asking $3,300 (will not ship - located in Orange County, NY)

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I loved mine when I had my Bullitt. And you are 100% correct in keeping it all together as a kit since you need all of them for the setup to work. May I be so bold as to ask why you removed it so quickly after installing it? Mine paired up well with 3.73 gears but 4.10 would have been better.

3VNightmare

forum member
Reaction score
I took the blower off and returned the car back to stock. The gear ratios in this tranny are meant for a power adder or a stroker motor, a stock 3V doesn't cut it.

I loved mine when I had my Bullitt. And you are 100% correct in keeping it all together as a kit since you need all of them for the setup to work. May I be so bold as to ask why you removed it so quickly after installing it? Mine paired up well with 3.73 gears but 4.10 would have been better.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
I took the blower off and returned the car back to stock. The gear ratios in this tranny are meant for a power adder or a stroker motor, a stock 3V doesn't cut it.

Like how much of a power adder is needed (what level) to make this a reasonably driveable setup?

3VNightmare

forum member
Reaction score
I think it would be fine in a GT500, 5.0, or a 3V with a blower (even with a 6psi pulley), but a stock 3V making 315hp isn't going to cut it. I tried driving it with the stock setup up and it drives fine but when you hit the throttle the engine is lugging (even with 4.10 gears). The stock TR 3650 has a 3.38 1st gear, this has a 2.66 1st, that's a big jump.

Like how much of a power adder is needed (what level) to make this a reasonably driveable setup?

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Damn.
Perfect for my build.

Sadly, my 4 month old German Shepherd ate up $2700 for hip surgery 3 weeks ago.

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
Very interested. Where in orange co. Are you. I'm trying to get my company to send me there for a week so that I could pick it up.

3VNightmare

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, haven't been on in awhile, transmission is sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back