TREMEC T56 Magnum S197 Transmission

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
I hope it's true and they're really making them. I'll also wait to see feedback. I tried contacting them via email and never got a response. If their customer service is going to be like that, I may just keep waiting and get a 6060.

Why don't you just call them?

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys these are pretty much ready we got a call yesterday that our 1st order is shipping! Stay tuned we will be posting package prices later today for a 2011 and 2005.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you take off all the other parts, the transmission itself is about $2580, which isn't that bad.
Aluminum driveshafts are anywhere from $550-700, the Quicktime bellhousing is $550-600, The clutches listed are around $375, the mount and crossmember is probably worth $100, the flywheel is $270, etc... I think it looks like a pretty decent deal.

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
If you take off all the other parts, the transmission itself is about $2580, which isn't that bad.
Aluminum driveshafts are anywhere from $550-700, the Quicktime bellhousing is $550-600, The clutches listed are around $375, the mount and crossmember is probably worth $100, the flywheel is $270, etc... I think it looks like a pretty decent deal.

Yeah I agree, for the total package, the price isn't bad.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
eric, what are the power ratings on those "Ram" clutch options? Thanks. This is like finding a bag on unicorn shit you heard they exist but no one has ever seen them. Can't wait til the vacation check comes through.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
what is the best of those clutch options for sub 500 hp and a stock feel? and whats the main difference between the gearing options?

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score
Is the shifter base dimensions the same as the 03/04 cobra?

yes

eric, what are the power ratings on those "Ram" clutch options? Thanks. This is like finding a bag on unicorn shit you heard they exist but no one has ever seen them. Can't wait til the vacation check comes through.

They really dont "rate" their clutches like other people do. Here is a link to their site with an over view.

http://www.ramclutches.com/Products/street strip.htm

what is the best of those clutch options for sub 500 hp and a stock feel? and whats the main difference between the gearing options?

Id say something like a spec stage 2 + is a pretty good option for you. We really like the the RST/RSX family of clutches. Great pedal effort, And the ability to hold power. a +600 dollar clutch isnt for everyone though.

as far as the gearing goes i would pick the 2.90 1st gear for everything but a whipple or Kenne Bell.

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Sorry for probably some confusion guys. When making the part up I forgot I was setting it up as a base complete package so it seemed like more than it was suppose to be. The inital price includes :

Included in kit:
Magnum T-56 with your choice of gear set
Quicktime SFI bellhousing
Crossmember & Mount
Shifter Assembly
Dynotech Engineering Aluminum w/1350 non billet Yoke & Aluminum
SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Assembly
SPEC Billet Steel Flywheel

Yes the 03-04 Cobra shifter does work on this trans. We have been running the Steeda Tri ax in our shop car.​

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They really dont "rate" their clutches like other people do. Here is a link to their site with an over view.
For what it's worth, I like their Street Dual setup a lot. Sprung hubs = good. Very smooth, in my car, every bit as good as the RXT which is currently occupying my dining room floor.

Last edited:

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I like their Street Dual setup a lot. Sprung hubs = good. Very smooth, in my car, every bit as good as the RXT which is currently occupying my dining room floor.

That's good news to here. It's an option in our packages :thumb:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back