Trouble shooting a no start again...

Reaction score
Hey guys im looking for some insight as to possibly what's going on with my 2006 ford mustang gt.... I was having problems last month, but i thought i had fixed the problem but seems like i just prolonged the real issue here... So i was having no start before an i ended up changing out a few parts thinking i could fix the problem, anyways it was fouled spark plugs, but still had that miss in the lower rpms an had my check engine light checked an said it was my camshaft sensors, bank 1 an 2 so i replaced both an seemed to clear up my miss.. Well now my car is doing exactly what it was doing before but this time it died out on me randomly when i was driving down the road an seemed like it didnt wanna go past 4500 rpms, im thinking fouled plugs again but im not sure why they keep getting fouled out for... An last month the car was acting like its not getting fuel, spark.. Its trys to run for a few seconds then just dies out but something is different this time.. I seem to have white smoke coming from both ends of my exhaust everytime i try to start my car an it didn't do this last time... Aslo i have noticed that my car seems to be unusally louder than normal, more consumption in gas as well, an i checked my oil as well seemed clean but was about a quart in a half low... So i changed my oil as well.. So here's a list of new parts I've changed in the last 2 month's, new fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, new crankshaft sensor, new camshaft sensors, an a new maf sensor an a new battery as well.... I was possibly thinking my head gaskets were bad but my oil was not milky an my car did not overheat nor is it low on antifreeze.. An my valve covers seem to be okay... Possibly thinking my fuel injectors are bad but im not exactly sure just looking for some insight an advice.. Car has 134xxxx miles an has bbk long tube headers bbk xpipe has comp cams stage 2 nsrs jlt series 3 cai an a custom dyno tune... Thanks in advance guys!!

Reaction score
No i have had my alternator checked an its good.. An my car should still run for a few even with a bad alternator as long as my battery is good... My car won't run no more than 3 sec if that than just dies out.. Not to mention the white smoking comimg from my exhaust... Also noticed a smell of burning oil

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
Is it actually smoke or steam? It has been getting cooler. What color is the smoke. I know you said white but oil can burn with a whitish blueish color.

Reaction score
It was white smoke, an after the car had died on the side of the road.. I tried to crank it over an it was white clouds coming an it was around 65 degrees outside... So i don't think it was steam from condensation...

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Definitely need to scan the ECU for DTCs. There's no point trying to guess what the problem might be and start throwing more parts at it.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
You dont need the check engine light to be illuminated to have codes stored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Update so the two codes that came up first one was p0191 for fuel rail pressure sensor range/performance an second one is for camshaft position sensor A circuit bank 2. Also a reminder i did change out both camshaft posioton sensors so why would have bank 2 be bad again already...

Reaction score
Sounds like you're hot holding fuel pressure. Could be a bad rail pressure sensor or check the vacuum line going into the sensor and confirm there's vacuum present. I had a similar problem about three weeks ago but my problem turned out to be the fuel pump. If you have an SCT tuner or equivalent, use it to monitor the fuel pressure. Your car should be holding pretty constant pressure even after the car has been off for a few hours. If it slowly goes down, the sensor has gone bad.

Derf08

Reaction score
White smoke is usually coolant. How's that coolant level looking in the reservoir?

How's the oil cap looking? Any condensation or milkiness?

Reaction score
Sounds like you're hot holding fuel pressure. Could be a bad rail pressure sensor or check the vacuum line going into the sensor and confirm there's vacuum present. I had a similar problem about three weeks ago but my problem turned out to be the fuel pump. If you have an SCT tuner or equivalent, use it to monitor the fuel pressure. Your car should be holding pretty constant pressure even after the car has been off for a few hours. If it slowly goes down, the sensor has gone bad.
Well i just replaced my fuel pump about a month ago how can i check for a bad fuel rail pressure sensor..

RLF9409

My blood runs Ford blue!
Reaction score
Well i just replaced my fuel pump about a month ago how can i check for a bad fuel rail pressure sensor..
Best way is to hook it up to a tuner such as an SCT and monitor the fuel rail pressure and duty cycle. Do you hear the pump prime when you turn the key to the on position?
I had troubles with a crappy aftermarket FP sensor. Right out of the box it was bad. Ended up going to Ford because none of the auto parts stores parts fixed the problem.
I can't remember if the cam sensors are side specific but my recommendation would be to switch the cam sensors and if the code follows then you know that sensor is bad.

Reaction score
Well i changed out the camshaft sensor an fuel rail pressure an still no luck decided to pull spark plugs an i got oil on the bottom of my spark plugs on bank 1 thru 4 haven't checked 5 thru 8 because of weather.. I pulled the valve cover as well on bank 1 an the valve cover gasket seemed to be okay so i feel like it might be a serious issue now.. Any idea's as to what i should do next?

RLF9409

My blood runs Ford blue!
Reaction score
Are you sure it is oil? It may just be a lot of fuel (Flooded). Keep the plugs out for a bit and clean them up really good (or replace).

Reaction score
Yes it was dark brown an aslo on cylinder 3 there was oil on the coil pack rubber sleeve the outside of it

RLF9409

My blood runs Ford blue!
Reaction score
Yes it was dark brown an aslo on cylinder 3 there was oil on the coil pack rubber sleeve the outside of it
That sounds like you have a valve cover gasket leak. It may be so bad it is preventing the coil pack to fire the sparkplug.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bl817

Reaction score
the alternator can test good but still be bad. I know they are expensive but get one for a 2010 for auto or manual, whichever applies.

Back