Try this again.. Any help would be great

Badd GT

forum member
Reaction score
Idk, trial and error buddy. I’d try opening the butterfly’s and spraying in there first. Didn’t you get some code that said your throttle body was messed up? Try fixing that first if so

Reaction score
The plate won't move with the pedal while you are cranking the motor. The ECU will keep it where it
can get enough air and fuel to idle, THEN, once the motor is running, it releases control to the pedal
readings. If it fully actuates with the car in RUN, motor NOT RUNNING, then it's fine. As far as
the noise they make, it can be anywhere from a scraping noise, to hardly anything.

You can do that. It will work with the intake hose off the car. Just have
someone crank the motor while you spray a little at a time into the TB
unit. I have done it plenty, you don't need the MAF or anything hooked
up because starting fluid doesn't need an air to fuel ratio, just needs air...
It will putter or stumble, but it will turn over if it's not coils and/or plugs.
Alright im gonna give that an try to see if its a fuel problem.. an hopefully it will give me more ideas as to what it could be.. Il know if it doesnt wanna start with the fluid it might not be getting spark

Reaction score
Idk, trial and error buddy. I’d try opening the butterfly’s and spraying in there first. Didn’t you get some code that said your throttle body was messed up? Try fixing that first if so
It was but i didnt have the spring wound up on the actuator right an i think thats why tbe p2111 code came up. Because i took it off to look at the teeth an they was good..

Reaction score
Update car didn't start with the starter fluid, so now seems like its not getting spark. i pulled the plugs an coil packs right after trying an it had unburnt gas on the plugs so it seems like all 8 spark plugs are not firing at all not sure what would cause this, i do know within last 2 years ive replaced 4 coil packs an still has the other factory 4 coil packs, not for sure just guessing because they are the same brand with the blue marks by the screw hole.. So possibly thinking this could be the issue if its firing on only 4 cyclinders but would the other 4 try to fire cause i know those coil packs are good... But they all had unburnt gas on them...

08MustangDude

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Update car didn't start with the starter fluid, so now seems like its not getting spark. i pulled the plugs an coil packs right after trying an it had unburnt gas on the plugs so it seems like all 8 spark plugs are not firing at all not sure what would cause this, i do know within last 2 years ive replaced 4 coil packs an still has the other factory 4 coil packs, not for sure just guessing because they are the same brand with the blue marks by the screw hole.. So possibly thinking this could be the issue if its firing on only 4 cyclinders but would the other 4 try to fire cause i know those coil packs are good... But they all had unburnt gas on them...

https://www.autogenius.info/ford-mustang-2005-2009-fuse-box-diagram/
Check fuse 40, 42, 47

Could also be a CAM or CRANK sensor.

Not sure if the coil packs have their own fuse. I know the EcoBoost does...

Reaction score

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back