Trying to get back in a stang!

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Problem is the person trading their car in thinks it's mint condition and needs nothing and wants top retail value for their trade...I see it every day that the sales department over pays for cars that need work. If we were to fix everything then the car would retail for to much and never sell that way either. The system is flawed and will never be perfect. If you want top dollar for your car sell it on your own. Bc trading it in there will always be an unhappy party either the person trading it in won't get what they want or the future owner can't have the car completely reconditioned...or the dealership doesn't make any profit...

I agree. I offered my '05 Colorado as trade in but I wasn't jazzed about the price. I don't expect top dollar for it, but as a gearhead I keep my shit in OEM or better working condition. I paid $7500 when I bought it, at the time it booked for $8500. When I went to trade in, the blue book trade in value was like $5500, they offered me $3000 and wouldn't budge even after showing them the book value. I didn't throw a fit, but I was insulted. I sold the Colorado inside a week, $7,000. So it worked out for the best on my end. Which is also why I beat 'em up on OTD price and the condition of their vehicle. And no, I didn't use any of the $7k from the Colorado as a down payment. I wanted the full car note, for credit purposes. :hat:

In Nevada, it's not even legal for a dealer to sell a vehicle (used or otherwise) with tires passed 3/32 tread, flat out illegal. A cop could also write a fix-it citation for worn out tires. Either you have to present documentation from a tire store indicating tread depth is not passed 3/32 or bring the vehicle to the DMV for inspection with better or new tires on it.

I know, because I got that ticket lol. Was running slicks on the street, and did a few 2-step launches back in the day. Got caught, got an array of violations including the fix-it. I think the cop was going through a divorce or something, or maybe he drove a Camaro, either way he didn't like me lol.

hehe, dealership not making profit selling used cars... hehehehehe.

Probably very true. By the time you figure what the dealer spends just paying people to push the paperwork on it and put it back up for sale or bring it to auction, they probably lost money on it.

As if any business cared, it's just another write off.

Last edited:

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
In Nevada, it's not even legal for a dealer to sell a vehicle (used or otherwise) with tires passed 3/32 tread, flat out illegal

VA state inspection for tread depth is 2/32. Which is the wear bar. If we want to retail a car it has to pass state inspection. And must go through the shop for state inspection. Even if it has a good sticker on it. There are many other requirements for state. But believe me passing VA state requirements doesn't make it a good car haha.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I am looking at trading my ecoboost F150 in for a 2010 gt500.

It looks like it will be cheaper for me both monthly and the amount I will owe.

The GT500 has about 10k lower miles than my truck. Is there any reason not to get a 2010 GT500?

Can't haul much hay with a GT500.:greenchainsaw:

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
AF6FBABA-30DB-4957-96DA-531CE6EB01FD_zpsnqxvvi6u.jpg

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Texas must require a front plate? Not many places left like that anymore, might become more commonplace as more and more robots cruise around reading plates to turn people in to the cops for parking violations, etc...

Very nice GT500! Is that your mansion behind it?

BTW re: used cars, I was joking about the dealers not making money because they make a _killing_. Think if you had traded your vehicle at 3000. They would have sold it at 8.

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
It needs the tire smoke mod to complete this picture.

Haha that will come soon I'm sure! Still working on a photo shoot with my buddy who does all the Dignight stuff

Nice! Love the color combo. So what are your first mods. TVS?

Well, I talked to the previous owner and found out it already has a 1 piece drive shaft.

It also has 1 range colder plugs. I don't know if this is helping or hurting it at the current stock levels. it seems to be drinking gas like there is a leak in the tank. Obviously its a big engine with a blower so its not going to sip it like a prius but I was hoping for around 15-17. I've heard a tune helps tremendously there.

Also I have already swapped the intake for the resonator delete and got a K&N filter for free so I threw that on as well

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Nice throw up some post under the hood pics bud

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I talked to the previous owner and found out it already has a 1 piece drive shaft.

It also has 1 range colder plugs. I don't know if this is helping or hurting it at the current stock levels. it seems to be drinking gas like there is a leak in the tank. Obviously its a big engine with a blower so its not going to sip it like a prius but I was hoping for around 15-17. I've heard a tune helps tremendously there.

Also I have already swapped the intake for the resonator delete and got a K&N filter for free so I threw that on as well

I would swap in a fresh set of factory plugs. No need for colder range on the stock blower. Does it have a smaller pulley installed? If so, best to gap the stock plugs at .032. VMP can set you up with an amazing tune.

Post up a pic of the engine bay so we can see what you got.

I hope you aren't serious about getting good gas mileage. I get 12 putting around town, lol

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
I would swap in a fresh set of factory plugs. No need for colder range on the stock blower. Does it have a smaller pulley installed? If so, best to gap the stock plugs at .032. VMP can set you up with an amazing tune.

Post up a pic of the engine bay so we can see what you got.

I hope you aren't serious about getting good gas mileage. I get 12 putting around town, lol

Everything in the engine bay is factory besides what I have added and the plugs. I'm trying to decide between VMP and my local shop, but I have heard nothing but great things about VMP.

I will take some engine bay and more pics as soon as it stops raining and I can clean it up! its rained a bit every day since I bought it.

As far as the mileage, I didnt not buy this expecting to get prius mileage, however I did think I would be getting 15-17 or so in town driving easy and skipping gears. I am getting 14-15 driving like grandpa. Maybe the tune will improve it a tad and I would be happy with a solid 16 for the week days around town. I am not concerned about the mileage it just makes it more convenient if I was able to go a whole week without filling up.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back