turbo guys and Coolent temps

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Does sound like an air pocket. I know these systems are a bear to get all the air pockets out.

Earl

Man Earl I hope so, I really want to get the car completed and start driving it
But it looks like next summer will be the summer of love

DRock

Reaction score
Jack the front of the car up take off the coolant cap turn the heater on full blast! Let the car warm up! AIr pockets are known for chilling in the heater core.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Jack the front of the car up take off the coolant cap turn the heater on full blast! Let the car warm up! AIr pockets are known for chilling in the heater core.

Thanks DRock
If the new Vacuum thingy (UView 550000) dosent work Ill give that a try as well

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Used the new machine
Still running up to 220 with the air on

Im wondering if my turbo air cooler is too high? Blocking air flow?

here is a pick on hight when we mocked it up.
Ill be doing the Drock burp tonight
Im getting lost

bracket2.jpg

Last edited:

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
Used the new machine
Still running up to 220 with the air on

Im wondering if my turbo air cooler is too high? Blocking air flow?

here is a pick on hight when we mocked it up.
Ill be doing the Drock burp tonight
Im getting lost

bracket2.jpg

I don't think that's it. My intercooler is blocking 100% of the lower grill and I don't have issues.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
I don't think that's it. My intercooler is blocking 100% of the lower grill and I don't have issues.

OK Im moving on to Drocks burp

If that dosent do it, Then its new fans and I have a 170T stat as well

Ill replace the fans first with these http://www.ffdynamics.com/ffd12B.html

Or maybe got to the GT500 fan and shroud M-8C607-MSVT

Im not sure yet they are about the same money either way

Last edited:

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
I have a saleen supercharger, my heat exhchanger cover my entire grille opening. I live in Florida, and I never see temps in trafiic over 200.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
OK
Tonight
87 Outside temp
Just started in driveway
No air when burping bottom hose and reservoir cap off heat on car got to 220
Didnt really see movement in reservoir tank shouldnt I see circulation?
Put box fan in front of grill with air on still gets to 220
Head temp 230
Air Blows cold engine bay is very warm

Im thinking stuck thermostat ?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
You will not see much movement from the coolant tank unless you purge a air bubble, water dosnt really run thru that tank. It just sits there until the coolant expands and shrinks from the heat/cold. All that will happen is the level will go up/down slightly.

If you want to test the thermostat you can always throw it in a pot on the stove.

I used the cyclone fans and they work decent. I'm going back to a stock 2013 gt500 fan.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
They don't usually stick closed. Haven't you driven the car? A stuck thermostat would make the car run hot very quick.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
You will not see much movement from the coolant tank unless you purge a air bubble, water dosnt really run thru that tank. It just sits there until the coolant expands and shrinks from the heat/cold. All that will happen is the level will go up/down slightly.

If you want to test the thermostat you can always throw it in a pot on the stove.

I used the cyclone fans and they work decent. I'm going back to a stock 2013 gt500 fan.

OK then maybe thats ok then, I was think it may be the ebay fans are not enough, but Fuel is running them with no issues?

They don't usually stick closed. Haven't you driven the car? A stuck thermostat would make the car run hot very quick.

230 head temp in the driveway seems a bit much to me. and yes I have benn driving the car, it worse with the air cond on
Maybe Im just over thinking this tho?

Or maybe I still have air trapped somewhere.
My reservoir hose goes about 2 inches in front of the turbo about halfway up the radiator, that couldnt be it could it, heat from the turbo is heating the water in the hose?

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
OK then maybe thats ok then, I was think it may be the ebay fans are not enough, but Fuel is running them with no issues?

230 head temp in the driveway seems a bit much to me. and yes I have benn driving the car, it worse with the air cond on
Maybe Im just over thinking this tho?

Or maybe I still have air trapped somewhere.
My reservoir hose goes about 2 inches in front of the turbo about halfway up the radiator, that couldnt be it could it, heat from the turbo is heating the water in the hose?
My hose sits right by my turbo and I haven't had a problem. Even in 100 degree weather. Sometimes its the little things that make a difference. Maybe it is the tstat.

DRock

Reaction score
Did you run the heater on full blast to your head/feet direction with the cap off all the way up to temp and let it sit for a bit?

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
My hose sits right by my turbo and I haven't had a problem. Even in 100 degree weather. Sometimes its the little things that make a difference. Maybe it is the tstat.

Oh Im sure its going to be something simple and stupid
But its starting to drive me crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you run the heater on full blast to your head/feet direction with the cap off all the way up to temp and let it sit for a bit?

Yea for a few minutes but I didnt have it jacked up in the front
It got pretty damn HOT, All of the hoses and everything under the Hood was HOT as Hell to quote KISS

So my son wants to put the Reische 170 T stat in tomorrow, SO ill try that next Just hate tearing down the manifold just to get to it.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Ok Today

Took the car for a ride
Drove around town shifted at 2500 car slowly got up to 215 bounced around up and down from 217 in town
Swing back by the bypass and hit the highway car was at 215 when I hit the highway car got up to like 219
After 10 miles on the highway car came back down to about 204
Slowed and took the off ramp and car came down to 201
Stopped and turned AC on
Took off ramp and started down highway
Car climbed to 215 and was glued there all the way back to town 10 miles
came in town and slowed down to 45 and car came down like at the off ramp but with air on it came down to 210
Drove thru town same route as before but with air on
Car started to get hotter 225 230 240 at 240 (Head Temp 250) I shut down the AC it started going back down and settled at 222 by the time I got home

So there is something seriously wrong.
I doubt its the T stat. But that may be what I change first.
Wife has company tomorrow so I wont get back to the car till after work next week.

Im open to suggestions.
I really want to know what is causing this , So ill be replacing or adjusting one thing at a time.

And to recap
new turbo build
New Dual fan aluminum shroud rated at 1250 each fan.
Didnt touch T stat during build
Used airlift 55000 to fill coolant and eliminate air

Last edited:

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I built my own fan shroud with dual 10" on the car a while ago. My temps went way up there like urs did. I removed the thermostat and it really didnt make much of a difference except slowed the heating process doen a little. I put the stock fan back in eith the thermostat removed and it stays at 152* fully warmed up in 90* in ambient temp.
Install the stock fan back in and see if your issue goes away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back