turbo guys and Coolent temps

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
I built my own fan shroud with dual 10" on the car a while ago. My temps went way up there like urs did. I removed the thermostat and it really didnt make much of a difference except slowed the heating process doen a little. I put the stock fan back in eith the thermostat removed and it stays at 152* fully warmed up in 90* in ambient temp.
Install the stock fan back in and see if your issue goes away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

I may have to order the GT500 fan Stock fan will not clear the turbo with the Zimmers hot side, Unless I move the radiator, I really dont want to do that.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Fits on mine just fine. You just have to make sure and use the fan relocation brackets.

OK Ill Bite
what are fan relocation brackets? Pics would help
If they came with the Zimmers Kit I didnt get them. But then Im using the ON3 Cold side

I measured and its way to tight at 4 3/3 deep looks like it will rub my turbo blanket

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Fits on mine just fine. You just have to make sure and use the fan relocation brackets.

I used the radiator relocation brackets with the OE fan and have had zero issues.

Ok So you guys are moving the Radiator towards the passenger side of the car.

Does it go like 2 or three inches that way?

Im starting to get Heartburn

obxdude018

forum member
Reaction score
Wow those are some crazy temps, granted I have a DOB blower, my coolant temps never rise over 194* at WOT and stay at ~190* during regular driving.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Wow those are some crazy temps, granted I have a DOB blower, my coolant temps never rise over 194* at WOT and stay at ~190* during regular driving.

I hear that
Im starting to think the ebay fans I got are 1250 CFM total and not 1250 CFM each like they told me.
Its pointing more and more at them

So im not real thrilled about moving the radiator
I ordered the FFD high output 12" fans
Ill see what happens with that

Last edited:

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
That's good considering that it looks like Zimmer's Fabrication is out of business.

Website is gone, phone numbers I had don't get answered, and leaving voicemails go unanswered....

Yours too? At least it's not just me. I'd love to get his home address and just show up there one day. Or have him served at least.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Back on topic
I know that the fans automatically come on when the AC is turned on, no matter what the cars temp is, You can cold start the car and turn on the AC and the fans come on
What about on the highway?
Do they shut off or stay on?

I am thinking the stay on, this may explain why my highway temps with the AC on (215) versus no ac. Im thinking that the fans are too weak thus creating a resistance on the highway with the AC on.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Well Crap
I installed 2 new FF Dynamics 1500 CFM per fan in the shroud
Its only 75 out today and car got up to 215 in the driveway with the air after I took it for a little 5 mile spin

UGH
Looks like Im gonna be tearing off the intake and replacing the T stat next
If that dosent fix it, Ill be completely lost then

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back