What are the new links at the bottom of every thread?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dave said the forum was set to private in Jan of 2011. Well thats gone now.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Letting guests see the forum isn't all that bad guys. I would just limit what people can see to say 2 or 3 threads per IP, then it's blocked. This site not coming up in Google "Mustang" searches is good and bad. Yes, we might get some new dumbasses, but we can scare them away. We also lose potential members who may contribute in a good way. Heck, I didn't know this place existed for years. I actually spent time on AFM (gasp) before I found it.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Someone say titties?
bewbs.gif

Just making sure this picture is carried out on all pages in this thread. :handjob:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Letting guests see the forum isn't all that bad guys. .
Im not the most technical but speaking for the guys that are id be alittle pissed off if my hard work was used by a non member. Shit isnt free in this world. Its easy to register and be a productive member of this community. Thats how you earn the right to learn from the best.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Im not the most technical but speaking for the guys that are id be alittle pissed off if my hard work was used by a non member. Shit isnt free in this world. Its easy to register and be a productive member of this community. Thats how you earn the right to learn from the best.
Well, maybe the tech sections can be locked up and leave the rest open?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I would bet a fair number of guys passed when they saw they had to sign up to see anything. That signals a scammer red flag to be honest.

If members are allowed to maintain standards, new members are a good thing.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would bet a fair number of guys passed when they saw they had to sign up to see anything. That signals a scammer red flag to be honest.

If members are allowed to maintain standards, new members are a good thing.

Im not against new members. They are welcome. Scammers and thieves are unwelcome.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Dave said the forum was set to private in Jan of 2011. Well thats gone now.

Letting guests see the forum isn't all that bad guys. I would just limit what people can see to say 2 or 3 threads per IP, then it's blocked. This site not coming up in Google "Mustang" searches is good and bad. Yes, we might get some new dumbasses, but we can scare them away. We also lose potential members who may contribute in a good way. Heck, I didn't know this place existed for years. I actually spent time on AFM (gasp) before I found it.

Well, maybe the tech sections can be locked up and leave the rest open?

This place needs to stay private.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im not against new members. They are welcome. Scammers and thieves are unwelcome.

Our current rules will keep the 5 post wonders out. They will prey on other sites with weaker protection.

That said, maybe good time to post this reminder.

A few simple tips to avoid being scammed.

1. DO NOT gift money, EVER!

A. If you gift money to a noob with 1 post.
(1) You deserve to lose your money.
(2) We will all pile on and make fun of you for being more naive than the steaming pile Shaggy dropped in his kohler.

B. If an experienced member with many transactions asks you to gift the money.
(1) Tell him to stick it where the “sun don’t shine”.
(2) We will all pile on and roast both of you for being dumber than the steaming pile Shaggy dropped in his kohler.

2. You did not gift the money and the guy is stalling.

A. Immediately start a dispute and TELL the guy you are starting a dispute.

B. Do not allow a guy to stall you out of the paypal dispute window.
(1) If you allow someone to stall you out of the dispute window.
(a) Avatar name will be changed to “village idiot”.
(b) See 1.a.(2)
(2) Scammers are really good with excuses! They get plenty of practice. Start the dispute!

3. If you send cash or a check for payment in full to a guy you have never met.

A. God bless you.

B. You better be a better judge of character than Judge Judy.

C. For God’s sake, don’t:
(1) Do it with a 50 post noob.
(2) Someone with zero transaction history.
(3) Any amount of money that will hurt you if it goes poof!

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Our current rules will keep the 5 post wonders out. They will prey on other sites with weaker protection.

That said, maybe good time to post this reminder.

A few simple tips to avoid being scammed.

1. DO NOT gift money, EVER!

A. If you gift money to a noob with 1 post.
(1) You deserve to lose your money.
(2) We will all pile on and make fun of you for being more naive than the steaming pile Shaggy dropped in his kohler.

B. If an experienced member with many transactions asks you to gift the money.
(1) Tell him to stick it where the “sun don’t shine”.
(2) We will all pile on and roast both of you for being dumber than the steaming pile Shaggy dropped in his kohler.

2. You did not gift the money and the guy is stalling.

A. Immediately start a dispute and TELL the guy you are starting a dispute.

B. Do not allow a guy to stall you out of the paypal dispute window.
(1) If you allow someone to stall you out of the dispute window.
(a) Avatar name will be changed to “village idiot”.
(b) See 1.a.(2)
(2) Scammers are really good with excuses! They get plenty of practice. Start the dispute!

3. If you send cash or a check for payment in full to a guy you have never met.

A. God bless you.

B. You better be a better judge of character than Judge Judy.

C. For God’s sake, don’t:
(1) Do it with a 50 post noob.
(2) Someone with zero transaction history.
(3) Any amount of money that will hurt you if it goes poof!

As for your #1...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many folks asking for paypal fees to be paid and one day a member here will get got by PayPal if they do not change and or adapt to PayPal's EULA/TOS... And then PayPal makes a choice on if they want to come after the site or not if they do not see it clearly posted and enforced to be followed...

Here is a recent example of a person experiencing a little of this... http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117278&highlight=paypal+issue

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Let me guess. Your the banana bending over and I'm the one behind you beast? I call that the beast mode!

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Guys guys guys, you're not going to run him off. He is here to make friends. Money has absolutely nothing to do with the lying shag buying this place

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys, nobody on here would buy a used car and not tinker around the edges to make it his own. As long as he doesn't blow the engine, life is good. There are a half dozen guys pushing hard, give it a chance, I like most of you :) A certain one has a cam install I want to see!

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I came in guns blazing when if first heard the news Brian. Settled down and gave it a week and it is proving to be the exact bullshit smoke and lights selling shit I figured it was. This shaggy shister is exactly that. Someone that came in under the radar and bought us out. He may own a lot of forums but that is just it, it is a business endevor for him and nothing more. That may work with the other forums, but not here. We couldn't give two fuckz about him making money here and he will do anything he can around here to make it a cash cow for him. He has already proved that. He can either keep his bullshit up and run this place in the ground or fucking leave as far as I'm concerned.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I came in guns blazing when if first heard the news Brian. Settled down and gave it a week and it is proving to be the exact bullshit smoke and lights selling shit I figured it was. This shaggy shister is exactly that. Someone that came in under the radar and bought us out. He may own a lot of forums but that is just it, it is a business endevor for him and nothing more. That may work with the other forums, but not here. We couldn't give two fuckz about him making money here and he will do anything he can around here to make it a cash cow for him. He has already proved that. He can either keep his bullshit up and run this place in the ground or fucking leave as far as I'm concerned.

As long as we are allowed to filter the new members who fuck up, no problems. He has watched us flame at least 2 guys with no intervention. Even if he opened it up and made other small changes, they are just that, small changes.

Vendor posting hasn't changed and Deysha hasn't shown up.

And your build thread is just as interesting :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back