What buthurt looks like... (based on a true story)

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
I overheard a real life Camaro5 douchebag last night at a big car cruise- he was parked behind me. Pudgy, 50 or 60-something year old white guy. Had a bone stock, 3-week old ZL1. The comments he made to anyone who checked out the car were absolutely hilarious. Some of my favorites:

"Except for the Corvette nothing else under $600,000 can touch this thing on a roadcourse"
"Anyone can spend a couple hundred dollars on their car and go fast in a straight line, this thing is built for real racing, which is what I do"
"This is a world class sports car, it isn't made for drag racing, it's made for open course racing"
"Talking all around performance there's really nothing out there that can touch this thing for near it's price"

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
considering the ZL1 barely got away from the BOSS around willow springs, I've got zero doubts that the GT500 will continue to stretch the ZL1 buttonhole around turns.

stephen1371

forum member
Reaction score
why do they do that, i love mustangs owned a couple, but to be honest i wouldnt mind having a trans am with a ls1, im not completly brand loyal to the point it makes me stupid, i know what a fast car is and isnt

Joser281

Reaction score
I overheard a real life Camaro5 douchebag last night at a big car cruise- he was parked behind me. Pudgy, 50 or 60-something year old white guy. Had a bone stock, 3-week old ZL1. The comments he made to anyone who checked out the car were absolutely hilarious. Some of my favorites:

"Except for the Corvette nothing else under $600,000 can touch this thing on a roadcourse"
"Anyone can spend a couple hundred dollars on their car and go fast in a straight line, this thing is built for real racing, which is what I do"
"This is a world class sports car, it isn't made for drag racing, it's made for open course racing"
"Talking all around performance there's really nothing out there that can touch this thing for near it's price"

Wow...:thud:

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
why do they do that, i love mustangs owned a couple, but to be honest i wouldnt mind having a trans am with a ls1, im not completly brand loyal to the point it makes me stupid, i know what a fast car is and isnt

I had a 02 Z28 M6 and it was nice. LS1 made great power. But......

The Mustang, I just LOVE...I am now on my second one and will probably get a 3rd.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
i have had three mustang so far, and have always like the trans am
maybe it wil lbe my next car

ohreally.jpg

HellFire

Reaction score
^^LOL.

Anyways, I like the ZL1. However, as Ford did with the 5.0 vs SS, the GT500 rapes it in all categories. The fat Camaro does NOT look nearly as menacing as the GT500.

stephen1371

forum member
Reaction score
i know this i like the ws6, and it a maybe, if i got one it would be a classic one, probly never happen though, i like my stang to much to start another project

pwd72s

forum member
Reaction score
For me, it's the slammed roofline of the Camaro...it's not a car tall guys fit in well.

Then there is the "Government Motors" thing...the way the GM bondholders were given the shaft with the Government takeover.

In a traditional corporate bankruptcy, the bondholders go to the head of the line when assets are sold. In the government takeover, the bondholders got frozen out. Many of these were mom & pop investors, average folks counting on the bond interest to add to their social security.
Their bonds became worthless...

For this reason alone, I'll never consider a GM product. Yes, it was why I bought a Mustang.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For me, it's the slammed roofline of the Camaro...it's not a car tall guys fit in well.

Have you sat in one? I have. I'm not especially tall. Just six foot, but I have 34" inseam. I sat in a 6 speed manual car, put the seat all the way back and angled the seat almost straight vertical (my preferred seating position). I could not push the peddle to the end of it's travel and I had 4-5 inches above my head. Tall people can easily drive this car unless they are freakishly tall.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
I think this is my favorite post over at Camaro5 in the Camaro vs.. board;

BlackieRay said:
GM's best=ZR1 vs Ford's best=GT500 (Ford gets SLAUGHTERED)

GM's 2nd best=Z06 vs Ford's 2nd best=Boss Mustang (Ford gets trashed again)

GM's 3rd best=ZL1 Camaro vs Ford's 3rd best=5.0 Mustang (Ford loses again)

GM's 4th best=Z15 Corvette vs Ford's 4th=SVO Taurus (Ford looks like turd again)

GM's 5th best=Camaro SS vs Ford's Mustang 6cyl. (Ford humiliated once again)

Well, looks like the old standard is true. Anything Ford can do, GM is already doing better.

GM. They were bankrupt, and they still sold more cars than Ford.

Some of those guys have their head shoved so far up their bowtie asshole it's not even funny.

Last edited:

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
I have driven in one. I am 6ft and there is plenty of headroom, even with the moonroof. However. The car is a complete PITA to see out off. Terrible if you were to track it, IMHO.

Have you sat in one? I have. I'm not especially tall. Just six foot, but I have 34" inseam. I sat in a 6 speed manual car, put the seat all the way back and angled the seat almost straight vertical (my preferred seating position). I could not push the peddle to the end of it's travel and I had 4-5 inches above my head. Tall people can easily drive this car unless they are freakishly tall.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have driven in one. I am 6ft and there is plenty of headroom, even with the moonroof. However. The car is a complete PITA to see out off. Terrible if you were to track it, IMHO.

I agree. The obstructions were massive. And I was just sitting still at an auto show.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back