What can be corrected?

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
Went to Old Dominion Speedway last night and am still trying to figure out what the car was/was not doing.

Since I was on street tires, I was leaving the light with the rpm's pretty low in order to reduce spinning. Surprisingly, the car took off fine, but when I hit 2nd the trouble started. As best as I can describe it, the car would lose traction and "shudder" through second until I went into third.

Is this just a traction issue due to street tires, or wheel hop due to suspension?

The current mods to the car are 4.10 gears, steeda lowers, steeda adjustable upper, steeda panhard bar, steeda sport springs (lowering the car about an inch), d-specs (set at 1 turn from full soft up front, 1 1/2 from full hard in the rear). Engine wise, the car is making around 305 a the wheels.

Someone on a local forum mentioned maybe softening the rear, so I guess I will try that next time out. Just wish I had room in my apartment for a set of drag radials, LOL.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Was your traction control turned off? Mine will do that if I get on it hard and forget to turn it off.

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
Was your traction control turned off? Mine will do that if I get on it hard and forget to turn it off.

Yes, traction control was off. That would be the best way to describe it actually.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
sounds like the track was good but your tires just didnt have the traction to hold that part of it. almost as if it was trying to hold the prep, but the tires kept giving up. as far as storing a set of tires, a piece of plywood cut to size and some sort of a cloth cover makes two wheels and tires into a pretty decent endtable.

Last edited:

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
old dominion?? thats right up the road from me! i need to make it out there. what kind of times were you running?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
old dominion?? thats right up the road from me! i need to make it out there. what kind of times were you running?

SLOOOOOO from what he posted elsewhere. 9.0 IIRC in 1/8th

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
SLOOOOOO from what he posted elsewhere. 9.0 IIRC in 1/8th

Thanks Dave...

Yeah, my best run was my first where it was a 9.08 or something (slips still in the car). The rest were consistent 9.7's so I called it a night.

I might go back Wed and try lowering the tire pressure more and softening the rear suspension, see if that improves anything.

If you ever head up here hit em up and we can maybe meet up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back