What have you done to your house today

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Gabe. I'll one up you on your bathroom. Today I took my first real shower in my new bathroom! Still no door so I just aimed the shower head to one side and tried not to splash too much. But I had my first real shower since moving in. The bar of soap in the swimming pool thing was getting old.

Your tile is looking really nice.

Lol, that's awesome.
And thanks!

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
I bought a hot water heater today. The last one was connected with PEX fittings and I needed to shorten the lines slightly so I tried using automotive hose clamps and they are leaking. I really don't want to go spend $50 or $60 on Shark Bite connectors, still got a bad taste in my mouth from the last time it cost me $40 to tap in a simple 1/4" line for the ice maker.

If you have a lot of plumbing projects to do around the house I'd suggest just getting a set of pex crimping tools. We sell them for like $75 a set and you need different ones for different line sizes.

the sharkbites are great but you're right, they're fucking expensive.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Actually the water heater connections are the only pex lines in the house (that I know of). Everything else is copper. I put some silicone adhesive caulk on the fittings and used some new hose clamps, everything looks dry this morning.

I also threw up one of the used kitchen cabinets I had over the washer and dryer to use for storage. Still need to route the dryer vent up through the ceiling and out the roof but that may wait. For now I moved the dryer close enough to the garage door to run the vent outside just so I can run a few loads.

Still no love from Photobucket. Can't get my page to load even trying two different browsers.

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Photobucket has been crawling for me Brian.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I mowed the lawn and back yard today, put on the first skim coat on the hallway ceiling (to get rid of texture and get it smooth), the GF cleaned the bathroom floor tile again, along with the section of the shower tile that I grouted yesterday.

Tomorrow, the toilet is getting installed, along with the bathroom vanity, and the upper cabinet above the laundry area.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Stage one of the privacy wall is complete. Next step, pair of frosted panels, decide on what type/size boards we want to use for the slats between each post and what art piece to mount in the center. Oh, and lights, almost forgot about the lights...

The BBQ is about ten feet away from the first post on the left. Kind of creates an illusion this is a small area. It is 20 long 'x10' tall and curves inward on the right two posts.

After we complete the privacy wall, we are looking at working on the new patio. It is about 557sqft in space that we are creating between the privacy wall and the home, for a nice outdoor living space. Plan is to have a large fire pit and water feature that allows for two couches and two eight person tables with lots of lounge/walking space.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Stage one Privacy Wall.jpg
    Stage one Privacy Wall.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
That ^^^ looks awesome, I really want an outdoor large grill like that ...

Today I finally got the new toilet (Toto Connelly dual flush) installed:

2015-07-06_bathrm1_zps5bxg3xwz.jpg

And so is the new 48" vanity:

2015-07-06_bathrm3_zpslt9ax9nf.jpg

2015-07-06_bathrm4_zpsywxfvrj1.jpg

Tomorrow the new vanity top and new kitchen countertop are getting installed, along with the new sinks.
Once the guys are done with that, I'll have the new faucets to install, and I guess I should be buying some new p-traps since I don't have any and I need 2 new ones

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Today I finished getting all my crap out of the living space of my old house (except for the dining room table and hutch which are on Craigslist). I still have the attic space in the garage and about half my shop to empty out but the Realtor should be able to get her pictures tomorrow.

I also got the carpets cleaned by an old neighbor. He hooked me up and did a great job, made that 15 year old carpet look almost new. He also referred me to a friend who does house cleaning and I'm waiting for her return call. Hopefully I can get her to go by and hit the kitchen and bathrooms for me.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Got the new range hood installed and the last upper cabinet on that wall, got the stove in its spot and leveled nicely, got the bathroom faucet working, had a plumber over to replace one of the heater baseboards in one of the bedrooms, and the GF sanded some more of the doors getting them ready for primer/paint.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
I hung up my affairs with photobucket. I use either tapatalk or flickr

I don't even know if I could do that. I have so many pics on PB... It has been going downhill lately though.

On topic.. I had a 10x10 addition to our back patio poured. Total investment is $300. and i had him pour a small pad to put our Trash can on.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Got my old house cleaned last night, Realtor is taking pics today. Yesterday the AC condensation drain line plugged up and flooded the hallway again. I had nothing to unplug it but cut off a piece of garden hose and used that to blow down the pipe and clear it out. Then poured some bleach in it so hopefully that fixes it until after it sells.

Today after work I went by with a buddy and got the attic space emptied out. Bunch of crap that almost all needs to be thrown away. No bites on the dining room set on Craigslist so I loaded it up and dropped it off at Habitat for Humanity ReStore. Only thing left over there is the lawn mower because I still need to keep the grass cut.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Got the old house listed at about 12:30 Friday night and had a full price offer by 2:30 Saturday afternoon. The buyer has already gotten her pre approval for her loan and we are heading to closing in a few weeks if everything goes as planned.

Progress is slow on the new place since I'm working almost every day and the heat takes so much out of me. Today I did move about half the dirt I dug up from around the pool deck a couple months ago. I'm tired of looking at the piles and decided to put the new wheelbarrow to good use.

I also got the hardware in for my shower door. It all looks great except for some spots/stains on one side of the hinges. I'm debating taking them back or just installing them and forgetting about it.

IMG_3088.jpg

Also one of the guys was giving me some pointers on hanging the door and I think it may be more than I want to tackle by myself. I may just pay them to hang it.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Brian, how's your OCD?
Mine would prod me every day looking at the spots on those hinges.
I say get replacements.
Or just have somebody local anodize or powdercoat them.

I got a lot of painting done today. Living room ceiling is primed and painted with the first coat, living room walls are primed, hallway walls also primed, hallway ceiling also got its first coat of paint.

Tomorrow the walls address getting painted, plus a possible second coat on the ceiling, depending on how it looks in the morning

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
I'd definitely be exchanging those. You think they won't bother you now, but you'll notice every day when you go in. It's like if your floor mats on the driver's side get a flat spot: no one in the world notices but you, and you know that $90 is an insane amount of money for new floor mats, but it eats a little away at your soul every time you get in the car.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Is that a temp plastic protection on those? And if not. They go back! And I worry about that one big copper color spot...

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Dow finally got our solar shingles working. It took them 5 visits: three times with electricians searching for faulty connections, once to update the software, and finally to replace the entire CPU. Looking forward to little to no electrical bill from here on out.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back