What have you done to your house today

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Pretty sure the wife and I are gonna put an offer in on sweet little house tomorrow. 15 mins from work(40 now). Lake access, garage, hardwood floors, and many other nice touches.

a069c35d9485a341ded2b4122847e58e.jpg

0720ad996618f72e950ae208fcb54db9.jpg

40af692d1ec59db08eda553e60e63b4d.jpg

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure why it did that.... lol ^^^

Great video! I love your house. It reminds me a bit of our Houston house, except with much, much more land.

Pretty sure the wife and I are gonna put an offer in on sweet little house tomorrow. 15 mins from work(40 now). Lake access, garage, hardwood floors, and many other nice touches.

Good luck! It looks like it is done up nicely. Cutting your commute by nearly two thirds should do wonders for your physical and mental health.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Great video! I love your house. It reminds me a bit of our Houston house, except with much, much more land.

Good luck! It looks like it is done up nicely. Cutting your commute by nearly two thirds should do wonders for your physical and mental health.

It is done up very nice. Its 15min from the office but I'm on the road 75% of the time, but even still I'll be closer to places I travel to most

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
On Friday we had reflective window film installed on 37 windows. I know it's not for everyone, but we love it. We wanted some privacy and glare reduction but we didn't want to lose our view of the city skyline or the mountains, which we thought would happen if we got blinds because they would always be closed. Plus, we have some angled windows upstairs that make most conventional treatments difficult and impractical. Now I can stand on the sidewalk and look at the house, and my wife can be inside waving like crazy without me seeing her at all. The view from inside is slightly darker.

Oh, and the builder finally landscaped our front yard.

bigmike06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Finally finished my front yard as well as put in new taps in my bathrooms and a new hose reel out back. Broke donw and picked up a new Napoleon BBQ as well.
20150822_1037161_zpskkqsg74c.jpg

20150822_1956141_zpstocpblpr.jpg

20150830_1447241_zpszytogaki.jpg

20150830_1629001_zpsyla9y1ek.jpg

20150830_1628511_zps67rngsnn.jpg

FB_IMG_14400166188721_zpsm7voex3b.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Witnessed it for myself at college.

It's amazing how people are sheltered their entire life, come to college and stupidity introduces itself for the first time it seems.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Workers stacked the field. Probably load them up in the next few days.

DSCN1280%20Large_zpspfqdxccb.jpg

bigmike06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'd comment and say I'd hope people were smarter than that, but, it never fails to have several deaths a year from using grills indoors...Darwin'ism at work!

I would have hoped no one was that stupid but nothing surprises me anymore. Built it inside as it was raining but no propane got hooked up until it was outside on the deck.

JimC

Reaction score
Wasn't today, but with the "evil empire" called Comcast screwing things up I haven't been able to get on line for a few days. We FINALLY closed on our condo; I wish I had enough cash to have just done it all cash, but needed to finance a small part of the purchase. Our local mortgage contact was great, but the back office was terrible. Hiding behind voice mail, promising to get paperwork done and then coming up with random things late in the process (seemed to be making it up as they went along); then they scheduled a closing, knowing that the processor who set it up was going to take a vacation day - so we could close because once again he hadn't done the work and no one knew what was happening from day-to-day. We had to turn possession of our old house over so had to schedule movers without knowing when we would close on the condo - so asked the seller to do a short term rental and let us move in until the bank got its act together. The day we moved in the bank scheduled the closing again so good news..........except we all arrived for the closing at 3 pm EDT and the people on the west coast hadn't bothered to send the paperwork through. At 4:45 the paperwork showed up so I could get the cashiers check and we could sign all the paperwork.

Still unpacking things, have to sort out the garage so we can get both cars in. But we have good neighbors we found out. The woman in the upper unit came out and said "I see you can only get one car inside." Then held out a garage door opener and said "I only use the right hand side, so why don't you park your other car on my left side until you can finish unpacking things".

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back