What have you done to your house today

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
http://m.homedepot.com/p/Home-Decorators-Collection-Altura-68-in-Oil-Rubbed-Bronze-Ceiling-Fan-26668/204729641

They are the Home Depot in-house brand. You can order them online as well. I think they range from $199-$229 for the various sizes. They have angled/curved blades and move a surprising amount of air even at low speed. They have several different finishes as well.

I LOVE the way they look.

Nice fans. Might look into them myself. Much cheaper than those Big Ass Fans I was looking into!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Should be closing on the house next Tuesday. We haven't done a lick of packing

Hopefully you're not moving far and can move a bunch of smaller loads rather than trying to pile everything you own into one massive truck. I worked on my house for 6 weeks before spending the first night here and it still took me another month to get the last of my crap out of my old place. But I only moved 2 miles so it was easy to make multiple runs in the pickup truck.

Today I did a little more painting and caulking on the north side of the house. I also picked up some of the tree limbs I trimmed last week. This was after a dentist visit getting a crown and also getting the plaque scraped below the gumlines on another quadrant of my teeth. Go back Monday for the 4th quadrant and to get a second crown fitted.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
50min move. Not sure what the plan is yet. Probably end up getting a uhaul truck.

Do yourself a favor and hire movers for at least the large furniture. We finally did it after moving 4 times and it was well worth the few hundred bucks. You can usually find a Groupon for a few hours. Then all you're left with is the little stuff.

Home Depot and Lowe's are having huge sales on appliances so we picked up a new dishwasher and a ceiling fan today. The Lowe's card wouldn't go through so she had to call customer service, but the call took so long that when she finally got through to someone to verify everything, the manager felt so bad that he just marked the fan down to cost. No harm no foul and a $60 discount on the fan. I'll call it a win. Smart move by the manager too. Totally unnecessary, but won my business for sure.

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picked up leaves for the last time. Dropped the mower deck and cleaned. Greased her up good and just have oil change left. Tucked mower away in shed for the winter.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Had a nightmare installing a ceiling fan this weekend. TL;DR: Took 5 hours to install a basic ceiling fan in the master bedroom.

Granted it was my first time installing a fan, but that wasn't a problem. The problem is removing one of those boob lights from the master bedroom to find that it was covering a 12" square hole in the ceiling, so made a last minute trip to Lowe's for a medallion right before they closed. The light had been mounted to two 2x4 blocks screwed together into the joist, and of course the freaking 4" screws holding the blocks are stripped. Finally get those out, and there's a recessed incandescent lighting box in the opening that has to be removed to get the wiring through, so did that with all sorts of grey insulation pouring out. Once I could actually get started hanging the fan it took 50 minutes. Total time invested: 5 hours. Horseshit. I love finding surprises from lazy owners.

On the plus side, no more box fan in the bedroom, fan is silent, and cam pre-wired for a remote with 6 speeds, dimming lights, home security feature (turns on randomly for 5-20 minutes), and a fan timer.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Had a nightmare installing a ceiling fan this weekend. TL;DR: Took 5 hours to install a basic ceiling fan in the master bedroom.

Granted it was my first time installing a fan, but that wasn't a problem. The problem is removing one of those boob lights from the master bedroom to find that it was covering a 12" square hole in the ceiling, so made a last minute trip to Lowe's for a medallion right before they closed. The light had been mounted to two 2x4 blocks screwed together into the joist, and of course the freaking 4" screws holding the blocks are stripped. Finally get those out, and there's a recessed incandescent lighting box in the opening that has to be removed to get the wiring through, so did that with all sorts of grey insulation pouring out. Once I could actually get started hanging the fan it took 50 minutes. Total time invested: 5 hours. Horseshit. I love finding surprises from lazy owners.

On the plus side, no more box fan in the bedroom, fan is silent, and cam pre-wired for a remote with 6 speeds, dimming lights, home security feature (turns on randomly for 5-20 minutes), and a fan timer.

That had to suck! What fan did you pick up with all those bells and whistles?

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
That had to suck! What fan did you pick up with all those bells and whistles?

Harbor Breeze 52 inch: http://www.lowes.com/pd_451821-88854-LP8293LBN_0__?productId=50057261

840506059894lg.jpg

Really enjoying it so far.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I was doing timing belt on my Subaru daily over the weekend in the closed garage when I had to change my pants
ivMOImd.jpg

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh hell yes, I was in my garage when that happened once!!!

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was in my house upstairs when my busted. It sounded like someone threw a bolder at my garage door when it happened. :)

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I was in my house upstairs when my busted. It sounded like someone threw a bolder at my garage door when it happened. :)

I've heard it from outside a standalone garage, and from room next to an attached garage which are both loud... but inside a closed garage it was like a shotgun blast. Glad I wasn't under the car at the time because I probably would have jumped so fast I'd smash my head and knock myself out hahaha. Luckily the safety wire caught most of the spring and the very end that shot around didn't damage the car (mustang was sitting outside luckily)

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
How long after grouting shower tile can you actually get it wet / take a normal shower?

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
i got paperwork together to bring to my mortgage guy tomorrow. the only 2 rooms in this house we are buying that need work? garage, and living room (aka home theater)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back